Classic Brimah defense | The Boneyard

Classic Brimah defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
guy gives a pump fake, Brimah leaves feet, bounce pass and easy layup

Brimah 4 points, 2 rebounds and probably -10 pts due to terrible D. I think he has potential, but he's flat out painful to watch.

Reaction Score
He has played awful defense tonight but there's time for him to make it up

Reaction Score
He really has no clue on D, he's lost, but he's tall enough that if he goes for 10 blocks/game he gets a few.

He has played awful defense tonight but there's time for him to make it up

Reaction Score
Agreed, he's the best option and he's not a good player. The talent level in the front court is the worst I can remember.

Take him off the floor and see how we do.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Can we get a single f------ stop down the stretch? Just one.

Reaction Score
100% agree with this, but I don't give the indefinite pass

He was great against St Joe's with the late shot, but his FF stats were terrible

with out him, we don't win our 4th NC, he will always get a pass from me

Reaction Score
we took a soccer player and are trying to make him into a basketball player!

Reaction Score
guy gives a pump fake, Brimah leaves feet, bounce pass and easy layup

Brimah 4 points, 2 rebounds and probably -10 pts due to terrible D. I think he has potential, but he's flat out painful to watch.
He is a project! Give him 4 years and see what we have. He needs a full offseason to work on his strength. He has done a lot with the little bit of basketball skills he has. He is just overmatched against big physical teams. He might not even be drafted in the NBA. He is a decent player now and could be a great one. Unfortunately he doesn't have much help as he has a limited offensive player PN and another project playing next to him.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
100% agree with this, but I don't give the indefinite pass

He was great against St Joe's with the late shot, but his FF stats were terrible

In this day in age of UK's one and dones..... We quickly forget (including myself) the kid is only a SOPHMORE... To me, no matter how efficient boat or even the way purvis played today, we do not get this win if Brimah didn't play the amount of minutes he did today. We can't just look at a stats alone, for the most part Amidah avoided foul trouble and in doing so, maintained a presence in the paint, his contribution by just being on the court is more of a difference maker than most give him credit for.

I've been waiting for a full 40 minute game out of our boys, and boy did they provide it today!

Siked! Bring on the kittens of Memphis, I truly believe we've turned the corner today, might be too little too late, but nevertheless, destiny is in our hands come tourney time fellas

Shout out to Nolan playing good help defense as well, helped Brimah avoid some of those Ricky tack fouls we've been accustomed to.

caw

Reaction Score
husky91 is a troll if anyone hasn't realized by now.

I just can't figure out why I have not put him on ignore yet, that problem is now remedied.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Brimah had an excellent game. He stayed in it. Brimah's presence on the court makes both the offense and defense better.
Brimah's shadow hangs over every play in the paint and his the threat of the lob allows space for penetration and sort jumpers and floaters.
In the paint he forces a quick shot or the extra pass. Brimah's energy almost always lead to a run. When Brimah is not getting lobs it is because the defense is keeping a tall body on him, which means that Boat or Rip or Purvis have open lanes to the hoop. This is what happened today.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Brimah had 4 pts and 4 rebounds and some of the worst defense you'll ever see. I think he has potential and upside, it's just frustrating to see what we think is an elite program with such low front court talent.

Brimah is not good right now, despite some of his games against RPI teams > 100 and front counts 6-8" and under.

husky91 is a troll if anyone hasn't realized by now.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Umm, what game did you watch genius?

Maybe go watch the Stanford and Duke games.

Nobody gives a flying duck* about the nonsense you spit. Save it for your shrink.

Reaction Score
Kill this thread too.
there's a saying "Kill the thread and the complaining goes away for a day. Kill the messenger and the complaining just goes away"

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Nobody gives a flying duck* about the nonsense you spit. Save it for your shrink.
Breathe stairmaster, breathe.... Some of the nonsense 91 spews is not worth your anger

Reaction Score
Haha, this board is crazy, the ones who need the shrinks are the ones who think the 4-5s are any good, including Brimah. They're lousy and the primary reason this team is RPI > 70. I feel bad for RB he has to suffer through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom