Classic BE hoops marathon on SNY today... | The Boneyard

Classic BE hoops marathon on SNY today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1PM - Cuse/Pitt 1988 - everybody sing together now, "we wear short shorts..."

3PM - SJU/ SH 1993 -

4:30PM - Nova at UCONN 1995 (warning...do not watch)

6:30 Cuse @ Mich St. 2003

8:30 Nova @ UCONN 2006 (great game)

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I remember the 95 Nova game all too well. I had just gone to a going out of business sale at Sound Playground in Norwich and was listening to the 2nd half on the radio as I drove home. To this day I still will not speak aloud the name of Kerry Kittles.

Reaction Score
I remember the 95 Nova game all too well. I had just gone to a going out of business sale at Sound Playground in Norwich and was listening to the 2nd half on the radio as I drove home. To this day I still will not speak aloud the name of Kerry Kittles.

I was at my sister's in Portsmouth, NH all that weekend. Was looking forward to that game so much. Watched it with my brother in law who kept asking me with a sly smile, "you sure UCONN is ranked #1???????"...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I felt like someone dipped my jewels in a bucket of ice watching that game.

Reaction Score
same set of games they always show, SNY must have bought the rights to like a 6 game library.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
They should televise Pitt and UConn from 98 I think when Taliek hit that game winner.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't consider either Nova game they picked to be even close to a classic. Both were comfortable wins. The game where Okafor blocked shots at the end of regulation and overtime would be much higher on my list.

I suppose the fact we were #1 makes the '95 Nova win somewhat noteworthy, but the Big East has eaten its own #1 teams dozens of times over the years in much more dramatic games. If you're showing a "classic" it should have some drama. Scottie Reynolds scoring 40 to beat us at least a close game.

Now Kemba beating them at the buzzer was a stink bomb of a game, so drama alone doesn't make something a classic either.

Reaction Score
Wow not Taliek I meant El-Amin lol
Ahhh yes...the religious and ethnic taunts from the student section, flying water bottles, 5 points in the final 12 seconds, El-Amin on top of the scorer's table game....CLASSIC!!!

Reaction Score
My guess is that they don't have rights to BET games, so they are picking from the regular season. We've done this thread before here, but the classics from the regular season that always jump to mind -

Beating Georgetown at home in the dream season (#1 regular season game ever)

The roller-coaster win at St Johns in 1999

Coming back from 25 down to beat Pitt (with Ray and Donyell)

El-Amin on the scorer's table at Pitt

Ollie going coast to coast to win the sarcastic clapping game

Double overtime win over BC in a Donyell vs Curley game.

On the negative side, you won't see a more dramatic ending than that Darius Rice 3 (and Ben Gordon went off that day for us, so it was a good game).

Out of conference:

Arizona in overtime (Emeka's coming out party)

At Stanford without Rip

Gonzaga in OT after Price tied it with a three

Michigan State with Kemba in Maui. (Perhaps Texas but the MSU one was a better quality game)

Ray's team beating Duke (maybe 92-86 - quality game).

Reaction Score
Every one of these "Classic Big East" games I've seen on SNY was originally a regular season CBS Broadcast.

Reaction Score
Every one of these "Classic Big East" games I've seen on SNY was originally a regular season CBS Broadcast.

That makes sense - pickings are slim when you are down to the two regular season games a year we've had on CBS. Even the Arizona and Stanford games were on ABC, if I recall right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom