Class act by Paige & players camera didn’t catch | The Boneyard

Class act by Paige & players camera didn’t catch

Reaction Score
Yesterday at end of Xavier game, after teams finished handshake line, Paige told Chris Dailey she was going over to Xavier bench...she wanted to talk to player that was hurt during game (I think Calhoun). Paige, Nika & several of other UConn players went over to Calhoun, sitting in her seat with her knee packed in ice. They each spoke a few words to Calhoun. Our seats were close to floor so we were able to hear some. It was a wonderful act of kindness.

Reaction Score
Paige is a good person. A real good person. Her parents must be extremely proud. Who wouldn't be? Part of that is the tradition of girls helping girls in basketball. They are mentors to each other. Role models. That's not always the case for boys growing up in the basketball world. Paige, and many like her, have little girls who idolized her by the time she was 14. There are many examples where Paige is friends with little girls coming up, mentoring them positively.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sometimes I think that much of the people’s tendency toward cruelty comes from insecurity or a dislike of oneself. Paige is so extraordinarily comfortable in her own skin that she is comfortable with others and puts them at ease. She does seem to have a kind and caring heart. She’s a special person, I’m glad she came to UConn.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this information. It most certainly would have flown under the radar without anyone, outside of the team, knowing about it. This act of kindness highlights one of the personality traits that Geno looks for in recruiting prospects. He looks for recruits who are unselfish team-oriented players that care for their teammates and take pleasure in the accomplishments of others.

Reaction Score
Sometimes I think that much of the people’s tendency toward cruelty comes from insecurity or a dislike of oneself. Paige is so extraordinarily comfortable in her own skin that she is comfortable with others and puts them at ease. She does seem to have a kind and caring heart. She’s a special person, I’m glad she came to UConn.
one in a million

Reaction Score
Paige is in a class by her self and she brings all of her team mates up to her level, thats what makes her the GOAT.
Paige might not be the GOAT yet, but she could be knocking on the gate of the GOAT pen shortly.

Reaction Score
Yesterday at end of Xavier game, after teams finished handshake line, Paige told Chris Dailey she was going over to Xavier bench...she wanted to talk to player that was hurt during game (I think Calhoun). Paige, Nika & several of other UConn players went over to Calhoun, sitting in her seat with her knee packed in ice. They each spoke a few words to Calhoun. Our seats were close to floor so we were able to hear some. It was a wonderful act of kindness.
on tv you could also see them all posing for pics with some young kids too........:)

Reaction Score
I remember reading an article that talked about how lots of young girls wait around to greet UConn and talk to the players when they arrive for a game or leave after it. I think it was Napheesa Collier who said it's a great feeling of pride, that the team feels it's a privilege to have this responsibility to carry on the UConn tradition of excellence both in character and in sports. The description of these young girls waiting in awe and how excited they were when they finally see the UConn women- so tall, so dignified, so beautiful- was very moving. Wonderful stuff!

Reaction Score
The ducks held a special day for young girls. They got in free to a game and then got to go on court for a special autograph signing session with the whole team. My granddaughter collected the signatures on the team poster they handed out and her mother had it made into a placemat For her. She is a Ducks fan b/c her father teaches there and a UConn fan b/c of me. I was planning a visit for this game; but covid crisis got in the way.
F7BDF8B9-FF6C-4B26-94A7-C4E5EFA193AE.jpeg

Reaction Score
I remember reading an article that talked about how lots of young girls wait around to greet UConn and talk to the players when they arrive for a game or leave after it. I think it was Napheesa Collier who said it's a great feeling of pride, that the team feels it's a privilege to have this responsibility to carry on the UConn tradition of excellence both in character and in sports. The description of these young girls waiting in awe and how excited they were when they finally see the UConn women- so tall, so dignified, so beautiful- was very moving. Wonderful stuff!
Here's a video of a junior high girl's team waiting for the UConn team after a game at DePaul:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom