Cincy/Xavier | The Boneyard

Cincy/Xavier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fla trying to hold on against Vandy to get to .500 @ 13-13. What a difference a year makes.

Reaction Score
champs99and04 said:
Bearcats down seven at the under 12. The AAC could really use this win.

I suppose, although with Uconn needing to win the AAC tourney, I've lost interest in resume building wins.

Reaction Score
I suppose, although with Uconn needing to win the AAC tourney, I've lost interest in resume building wins.
Also, we are not PC fans whose entire self worth is tied to being in an OK conference, the only thing that matters to me is what UConn does on the court.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
AAC is only getting 2 teams. If SMU wins in Hartford convincingly, maybe 1.

Reaction Score
AAC is only getting 2 teams. If SMU wins in Hartford convincingly, maybe 1.
0 chance they get less than 3.

Cincy is in comfortably now, listed as a 9 by bracket matrix and they should not lose more than 1 game before the AAC tournament starts (at Tulsa).

Their OOC schedule is good enough that they are fine.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
0 chance they get less than 3.

Cincy is in comfortably now, listed as a 9 by bracket matrix and they should not lose more than 1 game before the AAC tournament starts (at Tulsa).

Their OOC schedule is good enough that they are fine.
Exactly - SMU and Cincinnati. Unless we win (or anyone other than those two win in Hartford), 3 bids.

Reaction Score
Exactly - SMU and Cincinnati. Unless we win (or anyone other than those two win in Hartford), 3 bids.
Um Temple?

They are in a much better situation than Cincy. also listed as a 9 with Cincy but with a better RPI and a big win over Kansas.

If Temple can split their at SMU at Tulsa games their RPI will end up in the 20s.

They are dancing.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Um Temple?

They are in a much better situation than Cincy. also listed as a 9 with Cincy but with a better RPI and a big win over Kansas.

If Temple can split their at SMU at Tulsa games their RPI will end up in the 20s.

They are dancing.
Someone is getting snubbed out of those three. It won't be SMU. It's going to be Cincinnati or Temple. I don't think Tulsa will get in.

Reaction Score
Someone is getting snubbed out of those three. It won't be SMU. It's going to be Cincinnati or Temple. I don't think Tulsa will get in.
Tulsa is for sure on the bubble.

Temple and SMU are fine. I do not think Temple has lost a game with their full lineup.

Cincy will get in barring another real bad loss.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I agree with Calhoun.

I have been very surprised and impressed with how well he has done announcing.

Who would have made this bet 10 years ago.. heh..

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Tulsa is for sure on the bubble.

Temple and SMU are fine. I do not think Temple has lost a game with their full lineup.

Cincy will get in barring another real bad loss.

I agree. Cincinnati is 5-4 against Top 50, a record few bubble teams will have. The Bearcats just have to avoid any more bad losses like Tulane. Temple has been on a tear since those transfers became eligible. They are in great shape for a bid.

Reaction Score
Temple is the second best team in the American in my opinion. They're undefeated since Morgan became eligible, save for one three game stretch where Cummings was hurt. As Jerry said I don't think they've lost with their full starting lineup.

I'm not so convinced that Cincinnati is comfortably in. Their record against the top 50 is good, but man, they have a handful of pretty bad losses - Nebraska, Memphis, ECU, Tulane. Granted, Nebraska and Memphis aren't awful, awful losses, but both are well outside the tournament field. UConn is in the same boat. If SMU drops out of the top 25, they could be in real trouble.

Tulsa is definitively out, IMO. Sans winning @ Temple w/ Cummings out in the second half, they've beaten nobody. They have a few more opportunities for quality wins, though.

Reaction Score
Temple is the second best team in the American in my opinion. They're undefeated since Morgan became eligible, save for one three game stretch where Cummings was hurt. As Jerry said I don't think they've lost with their full starting lineup.

I'm not so convinced that Cincinnati is comfortably in. Their record against the top 50 is good, but man, they have a handful of pretty bad losses - Nebraska, Memphis, ECU, Tulane. Granted, Nebraska and Memphis aren't awful, awful losses, but both are well outside the tournament field. UConn is in the same boat. If SMU drops out of the top 25, they could be in real trouble.

Tulsa is definitively out, IMO. Sans winning @ Temple w/ Cummings out in the second half, they've beaten nobody. They have a few more opportunities for quality wins, though.
Tulsa is a position to play themselves in for sure. They have Temple, SMU and Cincy left prior to the AAC tournament.

Chance to pick up wins over 3 tournament teams and can get their RPI into the 20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom