Cincy UCF | The Boneyard

Cincy UCF

Reaction Score
Cincy beats the team that could have put 100 on us....40,000 crowd, 7,500 students. We just refuse to treat ourselves right and are all too comfortable with living with excuses. Let’s get W tomorrow and start getting after it.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
well, don't forget the want factor.

Cinci may have wanted, and UCF may have mailed a bit... or they may still be reeling from the Pitt loss.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Having some insomnia so watched the replay. Yeesh those interceptions.

Can't wait to tell my wife that her cherished Pitt win over UCF last weekend is no longer very special.

Reaction Score
Freshman QB played like a freshman QB making freshman mistakes. The pick 6 to give Cinco the lead early in the 3rd quarter was a game changer. UCF never seemed to recover. That and a stupid number of offensive penalties killed UCF drive after drive.

Reaction Score
Didn't see that one coming. Cincy looked good handling UCF. Congrats to them

Reaction Score
The AAC has been GREAT for the improvement of several Football Programs. A Cincinnati away game I attended 10 years ago was not very impressive. Temple. Memphis. Now SMU. UCF & Houston. Tulane. There’s lots of evidence. They rose to their best in Program history. Cincinnati is on an upward trajectory.

Still just less than $7m per annum versus Rutgers getting $50m.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Two years ago we were a play away from beating Cincy in their place and beat them 3 years ago at the Rent. It is possible for teams to improve.

Reaction Score
Not even worth comparing scores with anybody. We know how bad we are.

Oh, hey, it's gameday!

U!

Reaction Score
Turnovers killed UCF as they should easily have won the game.

When you play a freshman QB, they can have bad games and he had a horrible game:

Interception in red zone to end a 16 play 76 yard drive.
Fumble leads to Cincy TD drive of 19 yards.
Interception pick 6.
Interception in red zone.

UCF had 423 yards of total offense and Cincy had 341 yards.

Reaction Score
UCF was lulled to sleep by their easy win over UConn. They probably thought they would beat Cinci easily!

Reaction Score
Two years ago we were a play away from beating Cincy in their place and beat them 3 years ago at the Rent. It is possible for teams to improve.

That Cincy team of two years ago is a completely different animal than where they are at right now. Look at their roster and the depth and talent Fickell has recruited, and it's pretty crazy he's done it without a p5 designation. The kid with the pick 6 last night Gardner is a true frosh db from Michigan, 6'2 corner. Top 50 recruit in Michigan out of Detroit. I though next year would be really where they started to show the difference with a little experience, but they've got a lot of athletes. I read a recap of that game last night, and they played 23 kids on the defensive side of the ball. It's like a 2 deep at each position. Luxury over the course of the season. I think Bobby D was sitting somewhere last night and watching the Civil Conflict which my guess is Ucf and Cincy.

Reaction Score
That Cincy team of two years ago is a completely different animal than where they are at right now. Look at their roster and the depth and talent Fickell has recruited, and it's pretty crazy he's done it without a p5 designation. The kid with the pick 6 last night Gardner is a true frosh db from Michigan, 6'2 corner. Top 50 recruit in Michigan out of Detroit. I though next year would be really where they started to show the difference with a little experience, but they've got a lot of athletes. I read a recap of that game last night, and they played 23 kids on the defensive side of the ball. It's like a 2 deep at each position. Luxury over the course of the season. I think Bobby D was sitting somewhere last night and watching the Civil Conflict which my guess is Ucf and Cincy.

Fickell and his staff have finally made Cincinnati a major player in recruiting across the entire state of OH. You look at the RBs - Warren was OH Mr. Football out of Toledo and the backup Thomas was a 4 star from Dayton with offers from everyone. They don't need to beat OSU for recruits but they are getting a lot of kids that Michigan St and Wisconsin type programs typically get. You look at their current commits and nearly all of them had multiple Big 10 offers.

Reaction Score
UC coaches over the last 20 years: Mark Dantonio, Brian Kelly, Tommy Tuberville, Butch Jones, Luke Fickell.

Hire (and pay) good coaches. Luke Fickell makes $2.3M + incentives. Edsall makes $1.2M+.

You get what you pay.

Reaction Score
Fickell and his staff have finally made Cincinnati a major player in recruiting across the entire state of OH. You look at the RBs - Warren was OH Mr. Football out of Toledo and the backup Thomas was a 4 star from Dayton with offers from everyone. They don't need to beat OSU for recruits but they are getting a lot of kids that Michigan St and Wisconsin type programs typically get. You look at their current commits and nearly all of them had multiple Big 10 offers.
Almost Every AAC school is getting better. Tulane, Cincy, SMU have upped their squads. The AAC is a real football conference. Not P5 but not even close to the rest of the G5 conferences . We just simply suck and are incompetent at putting together a well coached program.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
UC coaches over the last 20 years: Mark Dantonio, Brian Kelly, Tommy Tuberville, Butch Jones, Luke Fickell.

Hire (and pay) good coaches. Luke Fickell makes $2.3M + incentives. Edsall makes $1.2M+.

You get what you pay.
Not to open this can of worms, but we pay the assistant to the assistant basketball assistant coach/chief clipboard holder more than our offense/defense coordinators.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Cinci is on its way to be the next P5 choice - hate to say it but it is

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member