Cincy qb recruiting | The Boneyard

Cincy qb recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
what makes them so good at recruiting that position the last couple years? anyone know? is it a certain coach or what? the system?

they just landed alton meeks which is a great recruit but whats more crazy is they already had 1 qb commit with other bcs offers, then they land a 2nd with even more offers. just crazy. the last couple years it seems like they just have a leg up on everyone recruiting wise at that position and i don't know why, but it amazes me...

Reaction Score
what makes them so good at recruiting that position the last couple years? anyone know? is it a certain coach or what? the system?

they just landed alton meeks which is a great recruit but whats more crazy is they already had 1 qb commit with other bcs offers, then they land a 2nd with even more offers. just crazy. the last couple years it seems like they just have a leg up on everyone recruiting wise at that position and i don't know why, but it amazes me...

Better recruiting area.

Reaction Score
Maybe it has something to do with Cincy's commitment to the passing game. What is the upside of a quality high school QB going to a program that game plan's by mixing up the sequence of run right, run left, run up the middle. Not a huge market out their for "handoff ability".

pj

Reaction Score
What is the upside of a quality high school QB going to a program that game plan's by mixing up the sequence of run right, run left, run up the middle.

Explains why he didn't go to Maryland. But he had many other choices, including UConn.

Reaction Score
I think we are going to start throwing the ball a lot, which will help. How could a qb not be impressed with Cincy's passing game? It has been fun as hell and their qb's have gotten lots of press. I would be more surprised if they didn't recruit well at QB.

Reaction Score
I think we are going to start throwing the ball a lot, which will help. How could a qb not be impressed with Cincy's passing game? It has been fun as hell and their qb's have gotten lots of press. I would be more surprised if they didn't recruit well at QB.

Yes. But it also highlights our failure to land our top targets at RB the past couple of years.

Reaction Score
Maybe it has something to do with Cincy's commitment to the passing game. What is the upside of a quality high school QB going to a program that game plan's by mixing up the sequence of run right, run left, run up the middle. Not a huge market out their for "handoff ability".

I hear you. Who would want to play at LSU or Alabama. They run way too much and have vanilla offenses.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Yes. But it also highlights our failure to land our top targets at RB the past couple of years.

I think that has more to do with an unlikable former HC who couldnt' close.

Reaction Score

It's probably more because Cincinnati has always been offensively minded. UConn is not.

Reaction Score
Would it be their QB coach? Aren't they usually the person recruiting the QBs

Reaction Score

To be fair to P, we would have had Dobbs and Williams is by all accounts looks to be something special.

Reaction Score
Arkeel Newsome is the next big test for us. Really want to keep him home as he blows up next year.

pj

Reaction Score
TDH, we just got a new coach who's trying to make a strong offense. Maybe the problem went away a year ago.

Personally, I think teams should be offensively minded, defensively minded, and special teams minded.

Reaction Score
I hear you. Who would want to play at LSU or Alabama. They run way too much and have vanilla offenses.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

What are you talking about? Both Alabama & LSU put up plenty of offense against their respective schedules. Against each other, different story. Both games were FG snoozes for the most part. But that's because they had outstanding defenses.

Let's not generalize from those two games though. It wasn't a return to the 1950's & 60's (defensive and more defense). Fact is they both had lots of offense. Taking it a step further, the reason LSU had such trouble in the NC game against the Tide was that the QB play sucked. They simple couldn't pass and became one dimensional. Once the Alabama FG's mounted and they had to play catch-up . . . they couldn't. They had no passing threat.

Oh and lastly . . . so you're thinking it was Alabama, LSU and then UConn in that order? The Big 3 of the Ground Attacks?

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? Both Alabama & LSU put up plenty of offense against their respective schedules. Against each other, different story. Both games were FG snoozes for the most part. But that's because they had outstanding defenses.

Let's not generalize from those two games though. It wasn't a return to the 1950's & 60's (defensive and more defense). Fact is they both had lots of offense. Taking it a step further, the reason LSU had such trouble in the NC game against the Tide was that the QB play sucked. They simple couldn't pass and became one dimensional. Once the Alabama FG's mounted and they had to play catch-up . . . they couldn't. They had no passing threat.

Oh and lastly . . . so you're thinking it was Alabama, LSU and then UConn in that order? The Big 3 of the Ground Attacks?

You specifically said "Maybe it has something to do with Cincy's commitment to the passing game". I took that to infer that good qbs migrate to schools that have place an emphasis on passing the ball, something LSU and Alabama (and Nebraska) did not do.

Who is generalizing from those 2 games? I am looking at statistics for the 2011 season. In fact, UCONN, an admittedly poor passing team, had more passing yards than LSU.

And to your last statement, when did I say that? Alabama and LSU are vastly better programs than UCONN.

You constantly lament the fact that UCONN does not have an exciting offense. I just point out that you do not need an exciting offense to win in college. You do not need an explosive passing game to win in college. You can win with an offense dominated by the run. And that is what Alabama did last year. And LSU. And Nebraska.

UCONN needs to have a more efficient passing game. They need to execute the offense Coach Deleone implemented (and it is a very good offensive scheme, by the way. Emphasis on the running game and short and intermediate passes. Unfortunately, we didn't have a qb to run the offense last season). They do not need to run the run and shoot to win football games.

Reaction Score
Who is generalizing from those 2 games? I am looking at statistics for the 2011 season. In fact, UCONN, an admittedly poor passing team, had more passing yards than LSU. (And how pitifully was that exposed in the NC Game).

You constantly lament the fact that UCONN does not have an exciting offense. I just point out that you do not need an exciting offense to win in college. You do not need an explosive passing game to win in college. You can win with an offense dominated by the run. And that is what Alabama did last year. And LSU. And Nebraska.quote]

I agree, but you do need to have an exciting offense when you are the new franchise on the block that is already crowed with established competitors. Modern football is all about offense. Move the ball, score lots of points. Sure there are a few exceptions, but in almost each of these cases they are successful running because they have the best football players position-for-position up and down the LOS. With a passing attack a "hot" QB and athletic WR's can be the great equalizer.[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom