Cincy Loses to Canadian Team by 18 | The Boneyard

Cincy Loses to Canadian Team by 18

Reaction Score
Carleton knocks off an NCAA-caliber team nearly every year (sometimes multiple). No shame in losing to the Canadian blue-blood.

Reaction Score
What's the big point to run this foreign tour? And if it's a good thing, why aren't the good guys doing one?

ummmm ....

Maybe you should watch DUKE playing McGill and Concordia on the real ESPN soon. They all do these foreign trips. What is funny ... Duke isn't playing Canadian Champ Carleton; they are playing the two Montreal Universities that don't take athletics nearly as serious. And ... Carleton in Ottawa is not that far away.

Reaction Score
ummmm ....

Maybe you should watch DUKE playing McGill and Concordia on the real ESPN soon. They all do these foreign trips. What is funny ... Duke isn't playing Canadian Champ Carleton; they are playing the two Montreal Universities that don't take athletics nearly as serious. And ... Carleton in Ottawa is not that far away.

I haven't heard of this before so that's why I was asking.

Reaction Score
What's the big point to run this foreign tour? And if it's a good thing, why aren't the good guys doing one?
You're allowed one foreign trip every four years. It's a great experience; you get ten extra practices than normally mandated, plus you can play a handful of games against competition. Plus the kids get to see the world a little.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This isn’t really even an upset. Cincy is going to have a down year they lost too much talent.

Reaction Score
You're allowed one foreign trip every four years. It's a great experience; you get ten extra practices than normally mandated, plus you can play a handful of games against competition. Plus the kids get to see the world a little.

Thanks for the info! When was the last time UConn did it?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How is this newsworthy? Well not unless some kid went off on them for 112 points. That I'd want to know.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info! When was the last time UConn did it?

I'm not sure of the last time MBB took an international trip; WBB had their trip to Italy last year. There were discussions of MBB going to Canada from this Courant piece in February 2017:

There is discussion of a foreign trip, which a team can do every four years, an excursion to Canada next summer, which could help the Huskies be better prepared for the start of the season.

Hard to determine if that was a reference to Summer 2017 or 2018; either way it never materialized. I'm guessing it was Summer 2017 and that UConn's game v. Michigan State at Ramstein airbase in Germany counted as the international trip in November 2012.

Why it never happened is a mystery on top of the other great ideas mentioned in the article like the Men's/Women's doubleheader at MSG and going back to Bridgeport during winter break, which if I remember sold out both years they did it and were well received by fans in Fairfield County.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure of the last time MBB took an international trip; WBB had their trip to Italy last year. There were discussions of MBB going to Canada from this Courant piece in February 2017:

There is discussion of a foreign trip, which a team can do every four years, an excursion to Canada next summer, which could help the Huskies be better prepared for the start of the season.

Hard to determine if that was a reference to Summer 2017 or 2018; either way it never materialized. I'm guessing it was Summer 2017 and that UConn's game v. Michigan State at Ramstein airbase in Germany counted as the international trip in November 2012.

Why it never happened is a mystery on top of the other great ideas mentioned in the article like the Men's/Women's doubleheader at MSG and going back to Bridgeport during winter break, which if I remember sold out both years they did it and were well received by fans in Fairfield County.

I think this whole gambit of ideas sounds swell.

Reaction Score

It got canceled because we literally couldn’t field a team after the transfers.

Reaction Score

Not a team foreign tour but remember when Enoch played for Lithuania or something like that over a summer and dominated making us all think he’d be a force the next season? Good times.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Not a team foreign tour but remember when Enoch played for Lithuania or something like that over a summer and dominated making us all think he’d be a force the next season? Good times.

Dominated was an understatment he was an absolute monster that summer. Guess the competition wasn’t what everyone though it was because he was same old Enoch when he returned to storrs

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe this is my mind playing tricks on me - but I feel like I remember a UConn trip to Israel in the summer where the games were on TIC and I listened on the beach in Old Lyme.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom