Cincy -10.5 | The Boneyard

Cincy -10.5

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
One day turn around for both teams. Both are struggling as of late, maybe we could catch them off guard.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Have we ever won at their place? Something tells me this ain’t the team to turn those fortunes around.

Reaction Score
Damn. Thought it wud be like 7.5-8. This means we gonna get smacked. Hope I’m wrong. Least we got some great NFL playoff action this weekend. Wifey already knows I’ll be on the couch watching games all weekend. Lol

Reaction Score
Must be a young fan
Last UConn win at Cincy was 2/27/2011 by a score of 67-59, so all it takes is a team that's going to win a national title!

EDIT: But the national title team of 2014 last at Cincy so there goes that theory.

Reaction Score
I probably sound like a broken record, but as I noted against UCF and SMU, this is another team that plays slow and rarely turns the ball over, things that go against how UConn wants to play.

Alterique almost singlehandedly disrupted SMU's offense by getting in the face of their best player McMurray and making open looks difficult to come by, but McMurray is 6'0". Cincy's 2 best players are both 6'5", so I have no idea how you matchup here.

They are not a particularly great shooting team from 3 or from the foul line and actually a little worse than UConn rebounding so maybe pack it in on defense a bit and dare them to shoot 3s and be aggressive going for blocks and altering shots.

SMU also is one of the most disciplined teams in the league regarding fouls so it was surprising to see UConn get to the line so much. The team that fouls as infrequently as SMU is Cincy, so it happened once but I doubt UConn ends up the line that much again.

As others have noted, this team just went OT with Tulsa and already lost to ECU. In the ECU game, Cincy got a combined 6 points from the bench (not that 10 for UConn last night was much better).

UConn needs to make this a track meet and tire Cincy's starting 5 out and make them play fast to force TO's so really no different from any other game but especially important tomorrow.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This is what we call a schedule loss

Reaction Score
Last UConn win at Cincy was 2/27/2011 by a score of 67-59, so all it takes is a team that's going to win a national title!

EDIT: But the national title team of 2014 last at Cincy so there goes that theory.
I am sure We have won in Cincinnati several times. The statement was “have we ever won at their place?”

Reaction Score
Tough spot as it will be a hostile crowd, and we haven't played well on the road in 3 years. That being said, Cincy is not deep, and I think Hurley will try and have someone other than Cumberland beat us. I'd take the points.

Edit: Also looks like there is a snow storm in Cincy. Maybe that affects attendance.

Reaction Score

I believe that was Jeremy Lamb’s coming out party. I could be wrong stats wise (I’m too lazy to check) but I recall it being a weekend game and him having a nice day.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati article says a bunch were/are suffering from the flu

Reaction Score
I believe that was Jeremy Lamb’s coming out party. I could be wrong stats wise (I’m too lazy to check) but I recall it being a weekend game and him having a nice day.

Led the team in scoring with 17 points on 7-10 shooting with 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals

Reaction Score
Cincinnati article says a bunch were/are suffering from the flu

Correct. Jenifer, Brooks and Scott are/were very sick. Jenifer barely played against Tulsa and Scott/Brooks weren't their normal selves.

The loss to ECU was obviously terrible but it was a statistical outlier. UC shot 8-18 from the line, 3-19 from 3 and lost by 2. ECU hit a season high in threes and they are one of the worst shooting teams in the country.

Tulsa came back and hit 14-23 from three and UC somehow pulled it out.

I attribute some of that to bad luck but UC's three point defense does need to improve. As long as Scott and Brooks are good to go, I see UC dominating the interior. This is such a different team at home and I presume the students will be liquored up with the snowstorm. This is going to be a very tough game for UConn to win (or even cover for that matter) imo.

Good luck. I'm really rooting or you all to turn it around under Hurley. This should be the best rivalry in the conferece...

Reaction Score
They seem to shoot the ball better at home(no surprise). I saw that game on espn the other night at Tulsa. Broome scored their last 14 in regulation.

Reaction Score
I am sure We have won in Cincinnati several times. The statement was “have we ever won at their place?”
I have only seen UConn win once (2010 Maui Invitational) and have gone to every game at UC since moving back to cincy in 2011 so it hasn’t happened since then. The 2014 team came very close I think.

Reaction Score
I am holding out hope that I am wrong but no matter how much they are struggling their size and strength on defense will make our guys need their A games. Never know but this line I wouldn't touch with a 10'5" foot pole.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom