Cincinnati @ SMU | The Boneyard

Cincinnati @ SMU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Pretty impressive effort from the Bearcats tonight. They're going to give us fits when we're on offense this year. 55-48 3:40 left

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Make that up 2. SMU is a tough tough ball club

Reaction Score
Cincinnati is going to be sick that they gave that game away. They've had a s*** ton of heart-breaking losses this year (their execution at the end of this game was terrible, especially on the last possession).

The possibility of SMU coming to Hartford unbeaten is still alive.

Reaction Score
Cincy has 5 losses now, and I think 3 of them they have the lead with a minute to go (tonight, Iowa State, Butler). I know their defense is very good, but they don't get stops at big times. Also, they are a typical Cincy team...not good offensively. Cobb and Clark were great tonight, but no one else stepped up.

SMU showed some guts tonight fighting back. They were a 6 man team tonight as one of their players was tossed in the first half for leaving the bench during a brush up. People will think I'm crazy for saying this but we can beat SMU this year. They have NO DEPTH, especially at the guard position. We could wear them down, but who knows...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Make that up 2. SMU is a tough tough ball club

They are tough because they have an experienced and effective PG plus they scrap on the boards and work hard in every aspect of the game. They fight for loose balls, they move on offense and on defense they play with their feet and make it difficult for their opponent to get by them.
A certain opposite of the team wearing white Tuesday night in Hartford.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm literally sick to the stomach.

Sorry but not many teams win in that arena wearing a dark colored uniform. SMU has nothing to play for but an undefeated season and there's not much ahead to stop them BUT your team has them at home, UConn plays them twice and if I remember correctly they play Gonzaga (whose size may bother SMU)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Zero. If that is possible.
Somebody has to win the league tournament unless I haven't heard that they cancelled it or if the conference folds before then.

Reaction Score
I still think Cincy will get in, but like us, they are walking a fine line. They are 1-4 now against the Top 50 of the RPI. They probably only have 3 more games against teams in that category, and I'm including us as 2 of them, so they need us to be good. Just like we need them to be good.

For comparison sake, we are 3-2 against the Top 50 of the RPI, but we have losses to 2 teams in the Top 100.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Cincy has no more room for error. We don't have much either. Houston will no longer be relevant once they lose a few more. This league is getting no more than 2 bids.

Reaction Score
Zero. If that is possible.

Well remember that little thingy called the auto bid that will be earned in Disney Land country? You still have hope. Come to think of it so do we. Maybe not both of us though when all is said and done. :(

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Well remember that little thingy called the auto bid that will be earned in Disney Land country? You still have hope. Come to think of it so do we. Maybe not both of us though when all is said and done. :(
Yupp. At this point only worth watching the two UConn games, home vs. SMU and the AAC Tournament. Such a depressing season.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Well remember that little thingy called the auto bid that will be earned in Disney World country? You still have hope. Come to think of it so do we. Maybe not both of us though when all is said and done. :(
Fixed.

Reaction Score
Yupp. At this point only worth watching the two UConn games, home vs. SMU and the AAC Tournament. Such a depressing season.
Dude relax, it ain't like SMU wasn't ranked nationally, and you played them at their house. No team in the nation can expect to win there. I'll trade a road game loss like that vs a home game Temple loss any day of the week.

Just saying no shame in losing to an undefeated SMU by two points, in Texas.

Reaction Score
Dude relax, it ain't like SMU wasn't ranked nationally, and you played them at their house. No team in the nation can expect to win there. I'll trade a road game loss like that vs a home game Temple loss any day of the week.

Except they already lost to Temple at home also

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score

We lost to Butler by 2, Iowa State by 2 and SMU by 2. If we lose another game by 2, I might jump off a building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom