Cincinnati outscored us 119-29 in the three years before this | The Boneyard

Cincinnati outscored us 119-29 in the three years before this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe it's not the same Cincinnati team. But this program is moving in the right direction under Diaco.

It's been a tough year overall, but there have been positives to take from each game. One of the big dangers heading into this year was in not allowing the win/loss record to skew progress. We've had mostly bad luck, save for the Virginia game, and we have been on the wrong side of the turnover margin, which will secretly inflate (or deflate) progress like nothing else. A couple plays here and there, and we are 5-1. I understand the "if my aunt had balls..." aspect to saying that, but it's still important to recognize.

Today represents demonstrable improvement, and heading into the final six games, there is plenty of hope that we can go back to a bowl game or perhaps even one-up what we did a year ago.

There are real, fundamental problems with Diaco. But the o-line looks a lot better than it did, the play calling has been better, and this week, moving Summers to safety seems to have made the secondary better. I said weeks ago that we needed to hold the phone on moving on from Diaco and I'll say the same today. I don't know whether he'll turn out to be a great coach, but he's done enough to deserve a chance.

South Florida will be a great test. I'm...looking forward to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek
Top Bottom