Cincinnati coaching search | The Boneyard

Cincinnati coaching search

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
pipe dream: Pitino -- think he's still too toxic and is friends with Mick so idk how he'd feel about replacing him.

take a swing: Thad Matta -- apparently wants to get back into coaching and has ohio roots but turned down jobs that probably offered more $$. idk how id feel about hiring the former Xavier AND Ohio State coach lmao.

safe pick: John Brannen. nuff said.

wildcard: Nick Van Exel

any questions?

Reaction Score
pipe dream: Pitino -- think he's still too toxic and is friends with Mick so idk how he'd feel about replacing him.

take a swing: Thad Matta -- apparently wants to get back into coaching and has ohio roots but turned down jobs that probably offered more $$. idk how id feel about hiring the former Xavier AND Ohio State coach lmao.

any questions?
Thad has some pretty major health issues.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Who ever takes the job has a loaded roster year one as long as there aren’t any transfers and Cumberland returns.

Reaction Score

any questions?
If you're forced to pick one, who's the next coach?

Who's your top choice?

How did Cronin fail upwardly?

The man's teams constantly choked in the NCAA and that gets him the UCLA job? Wow. (I say that as one of the few posters who didn't hate him, and even defended him on this board.)

Reaction Score

any questions?

Maybe your AD will feel Pitino got L'Ville into the ACC and can work the same magic for the Bearcats. The ACC surely would accept him with open arms and they can add him to the ESPN roundtable discussions with Boeheim, Williams and Krzyzewski where they all sit and pontificate about the honor, integrity and high academic standards of the ACC.

kobe

Reaction Score
If you're forced to pick one, who's the next coach?

Who's your top choice?

How did Cronin fail upwardly?

The man's teams constantly choked in the NCAA and that gets him the UCLA job? Wow. (I say that as one of the few posters who didn't hate him, and even defended him on this board.)
think Brannen is gonna be a star if he isn't already. Recruited really well for his level, and took a program to the NCAA's 2 of their first 3 years of eligibility. would 100% be in favor of that hire.

Reaction Score
think Brannen is gonna be a star if he isn't already. Recruited really well for his level, and took a program to the NCAA's 2 of their first 3 years of eligibility. would 100% be in favor of that hire.
How do you think Mick will do at UCLA? Normally when you think of LA you think of glamour, glitz, and showtime and run and gun basketball. That's definitely not Mick.

I have defended him on this board, but he is a poor man's Jamie Dixon/Ben Howland for UCLA. It seems like a desperation hire. Why would UCLA choose him?

kobe

Reaction Score
How do you think Mick will do at UCLA? Normally when you think of LA you think of glamour, glitz, and showtime and run and gun basketball. That's definitely not Mick.

I have defended him on this board, but he is a poor man's Jamie Dixon/Ben Howland for UCLA. It seems like a desperation hire. Why would UCLA choose him?
im curious to see how he can do with level of talent ucla recruits by itself and how much of a change he'll put into the philosophy. if lets the recruiting take care of itself and doesnt micro manage it, he can do okay.

Reaction Score
I'm going to bet that they talk to the guy from Lipscomb as well. Casey Alexander i think is his name. I've seen his team play the past couple years and was very impressed with what he's done there. They beat Ws in the nit, but with the talent he has they were impressive on both ends of the court. I wouldn't completely rule Matta out though. He'd be an interesting gamble.

Reaction Score
Hollywood Cronin. Sounds like a midget wrestler.
B1E73798-7175-4C51-BC41-D5C95B7E9212.gif

Reaction Score
Baywatch Bobby Brannen could do wonders in the AAC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom