Cincinatti Thoughts | The Boneyard

Cincinatti Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This has by far been the easiest loss to swallow all season. On the road, against a good team, dealing with horrible officiating and they fought. Jalen had a tremendous game hopefully he can ride this performance the rest of the way. This game really came down to a couple mentalbfarts on the defensive end. Thursdays game was so HUGE it made This game which we all knew would be tough expendable. Cincy played like a team fighting for their lives so much respect to them. On to the next one

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
This has by far been the easiest loss to swallow all season. On the road, against a good team, dealing with horrible officiating and they fought. Jalen had a tremendous game hopefully he can ride this performance the rest of the way. This game really came down to a couple mentalbfarts on the defensive end. Thursdays game was so HUGE it made This game which we all knew would be tough expendable. Cincy played like a team fighting for their lives so much respect to them. On to the next one
Still won't stop an enormous mass of new threads showing up tonight saying the team sucks, Ollie sucks, Gibbs sucks, we should just give up etc.

Reaction Score
We are on very thin ice losing both games vs Cinci and Temple. Will need to get to the AAC championship game to make the Tourney. I am tired of watching UConn teams get manhandled up front. Jalen needs to keep this up as the other ball handlers- DHam, Gibbs, Purvis- have no consistency. Missed layups, travels, shot clock ineptitude, stepping OOBs, you name it.

Reaction Score
We are on very thin ice losing both games vs Cinci and Temple. Will need to get to the AAC championship game to make the Tourney. I am tired of watching UConn teams get manhandled up front. Jalen needs to keep this up as the other ball handlers- DHam, Gibbs, Purvis- have no consistency. Missed layups, travels, shot clock ineptitude, stepping OOBs, you name it.
False. To make the tourney we have to not lose to any not named smu before the conference tourney. And then when at least one game in the aac tourney

Reaction Score
Still won't stop an enormous mass of new threads showing up tonight saying the team sucks, Ollie sucks, Gibbs sucks, we should just give up etc.

Cinci is a solid team and they had a lot to play for. But, I've never understood posts like this. Do you think we played well? Did you see improvement in really any areas? This was still a winnable game and our offensive ineptitude and absolute brainlessness down the stretch completely negated that. But because this may go down as a "good loss" in whatever rankings system you subscribe to, we are supposed to ignore the same issues that rear their ugly head every game; seemingly win or lose?

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
While getting screwed by the refs, this team lost because of really inept play by DHam, Gibbs and Purvis.

DHam failed twice to pull down rebounds after missed fouls shots. Lost his man repeatedly on defense and played mediocre on offense. 8 point swing
Purvis pulled down rebound refuses to give up the ball until blowing layup under the basket and then trotted back while a three point shot was made. -5
Gibbs is incapable of making a layup while guarded by anyone, anyone. His blown layup and lack of hustle on the other end led to a four point swing. -4

These guys at this stage can not continue to do this and should expect increasing less playing time.

Reaction Score
We were a 9/10 seed by most people coming into the week. Beating SMU and losing at Cincy makes me think we are still on that line, if not a little improved.

Have to beat USF, Houston and UCF. Beating SMU would be nice, but not a must win if we win those other games. I agree with people who say a win the American tournament would be good too.

This loss sucks, but they were in a tough spot and played inconsistent all day. The losses that hurt are to Temple X2, and the home game against Cincy.

Reaction Score
False. To make the tourney we have to not lose to any not named smu before the conference tourney. And then when at least one game in the aac tourney

One in the tourney? Really? OK

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Cinci is a solid team and they had a lot to play for. But, I've never understood posts like this. Do you think we played well? Did you see improvement in really any areas? This was still a winnable game and our offensive ineptitude and absolute brainlessness down the stretch completely negated that. But because this may go down as a "good loss" in whatever rankings system you subscribe to, we are supposed to ignore the same issues that rear their ugly head every game; seemingly win or lose?
Did I say anything about those things, no. Just pointing out the amount of threads that pop up after every loss even when they are to good teams on the road. Cinci was desperate and it showed. UConn played poorly minus Adams and it showed. I don't get what's hard to understand about me pointing out there are a million threads after every loss beating a dead horse or why my post upset you.

Reaction Score
Cinci just wanted it more, from the players on the floor to the head coach working the refs. Can't go 7 minutes to start the game and only score twice, on the road in a crucial game for both teams. If you can't start out of the gates better than that you don't deserve to win.

Reaction Score
DHam had the ball alot in the beginning of the game and he was awful leading to the poor start.

Reaction Score
I had a bad feeling about this one ever since Cincy lost at Tulsa on Thursday. Sure enough, they came out with something to prove and led wire to wire. I think the AAC Tournament will be a lot more important for us than people think.

Reaction Score
Team is inconsistent and undisciplined, and I don't see the kind of improvement in play we were accustomed to seeing with a JC coached team. Is KO bad? No, he is just not a Hall of Fame level coach. What is clear is the team is very mentally fragile and not capable of sustained high levels of play.

Reaction Score
The game we needed we got, SMU. Like McArthur, we will return.

Reaction Score
I am still far more upset over the first Cincy game and both Temple games than this one.
Exactly. Can't give away games at home in conference. It comes back to bite you.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
With the talent we have it makes me physically sick knowing that we got SWEPT by Temple and Cincinnati. Two really average teams.
Which makes us an average team at best.

Reaction Score
Gibbs does suck, but only because the coaches aren't putting him in a position to succeed.
Yes! This exactly. They are trying to make him a facilitator and he isn't. He is a shooter. They need to get him open shots and let him score the ball. That is what he does best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom