Christyn Williams: The Fire That Burns Within | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams: The Fire That Burns Within

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
On a break from the day's festivities, up popped this!

We've got someone with extraordinary drive in our midst.

"At 9 years old, Williams strolled onto a court in Orlando, Fla., clutching a brand new basketball. She was there because she lost, and there’s nothing Williams hates more than losing.

It was the first game of an AAU national tournament, and the third-grader from Arkansas was convinced she hadn’t played as well because the tournament was using a smaller ball than she was used to. So instead of spending the day with her teammates, Williams directed her mom to find a smaller ball and an open court. She stayed for hours, putting up shot after shot. Finally, she agreed to head back to the hotel but insisted on keeping the ball with her throughout the night, even falling asleep with it, to get used to the feel of it in her hands.

It may have seemed extreme, but Williams didn’t lose another game during the tournament."

Fueled by her own perceived failure, Christyn Williams sees early success with UConn women - Hartford Courant

Very in depth article. Very good job!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My favorite quote is this

Something like this had only happened once before, but she hadn’t worried about it like she worried about this. In high school, a team was defending her pretty aggressively. After pulling down yet another rebound, Williams turned to the player who’d been badgering her most of the game.

“Weight room,” Williams said as she flexed her muscles at the player.

The reason I love this quote is I can just try to picture 'squeaks' saying it in her voice.

Reaction Score
On a break from the day's festivities, up popped this!

We've got someone with extraordinary drive in our midst.

"At 9 years old, Williams strolled onto a court in Orlando, Fla., clutching a brand new basketball. She was there because she lost, and there’s nothing Williams hates more than losing.

It was the first game of an AAU national tournament, and the third-grader from Arkansas was convinced she hadn’t played as well because the tournament was using a smaller ball than she was used to. So instead of spending the day with her teammates, Williams directed her mom to find a smaller ball and an open court. She stayed for hours, putting up shot after shot. Finally, she agreed to head back to the hotel but insisted on keeping the ball with her throughout the night, even falling asleep with it, to get used to the feel of it in her hands.

It may have seemed extreme, but Williams didn’t lose another game during the tournament."

Fueled by her own perceived failure, Christyn Williams sees early success with UConn women - Hartford Courant

Very in-depth article. Very good job!
Hates to lose (CW does) she and Geno in that are compatible, with me too.
The CW we have begun to know I would expect no less of her to find the problem and develop a solution. She more than I had ever hoped she'd be. I doubt Arkansas has had a player of this caliber since JR Reed and Sidney Moncrief. Is Uconn the luckiest Team ever --forget those that didn't come with her, she is at least 10 of any one of them.
The spouse says at grade 3 to analyze this situation and to correct it shows intelligence and analytical skills beyond her years. I agree.

Rocky thank you so much for this--we enjoyed living in Arkansas, the memories this kid through you make Christmas very very nice.
Merry Christmas Rocky, I appreciate YOU and then the stories you dig up we enjoy
May your next year be successful and as profitable as you need. God bless and keep you because we here on the by would be lost without your finds and words of wisdom, thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom