Christyn Williams grad picts | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams grad picts

Reaction Score
We all miss seeing you run the court next to Paige and Evina and Nika, putting the ball behind your back as you slice through traffic -- you have the most amazing ball skills! -- collecting a long pass on the break, or powering through the paint or along the baseline to the rim. And through it all you always kept your wits about you. I still remember how in the closing few seconds against Baylor, only you remembered to grab the rebound off Dijonnai's miss. You are indeed missed and loved. Now take that diploma and slice through the WNBA, and through life! You are ready! Go, Christyn!!!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Congrats to Christyn!

A couple of questions:

I'm not seeing her on the Mystics roster -- is she missing a second season, have the Mystics cut ties with her?

I love the settings of the pics, especially those in the art gallery. I'm pretty sure the big painting is by Thomas Moran. Anyone know abut the smaller portrait? My first guess is Mary Cassatt. I assume they're taken in the UConn gallery, so that some of y'all might be familiar with the individual paintings.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So Geno will now allow her back into the building! :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For reference: She mentioned that she’d graduated last year, but with being drafted to the WNBA and injuring herself shortly after, she’d never gotten the chance to take pics and finally got around to doing so.

Exactly. Unlike Megan, Christyn completed her degree. But she could not attend the ceremony.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Christyn!

A couple of questions:

I'm not seeing her on the Mystics roster -- is she missing a second season, have the Mystics cut ties with her?

I love the settings of the pics, especially those in the art gallery. I'm pretty sure the big painting is by Thomas Moran. Anyone know abut the smaller portrait? My first guess is Mary Cassatt. I assume they're taken in the UConn gallery, so that some of y'all might be familiar with the individual paintings.
Even if a player is injured they need to be carried on the roster under an IR designation to keep them off the free agency market. If she were not cleared to practice yet, it would be highly unlikely that she would even have a shot at making the Mystics roster. A players best shot is in their rookie year. The next year they will have to compete with the new rookie crop coming in. Usually the only rookie players they would keep on IR are higher picks who they expect to be stars. In the WNBA they usually do not have the option to keep developmental players on their roster.

Well it will be known for sure once camp starts.

Her injury more than likely killed her WNBA chances. Her options now are to play overseas and if she balls out she might get invited to camp for a shot again. But you really have to excel.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Christyn has not signed a new contract with the Mystics for the upcoming season. I believe the expectation is that she will sign a contract and participate in the Mystics's training camp.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Christyn has several videos in an IG story showing her rehab. She was literally taking baby steps early on. The latest video is from 10 weeks ago, and she was combining jumping and shooting for the first time. Hopefully, she'll be at full speed sometime next month.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom