Christyn On What's Ailing Her Shot | The Boneyard

Christyn On What's Ailing Her Shot

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Part of her recent problems have included her shot being off, and Williams said she thinks she finally understands why it’s happening.

“Oh my Gosh,” Williams said when asked about the three. “My arm’s so off. Every shot, if you notice, hits the back of the rim. I think it’s because I’m flat. I’m not used to working so hard on defense, so I don’t have any legs. I feel like the more we do it, I’ll get used to it and get my shot back. But yeah, it felt good.”

The season of 5 takeaways. A dominant defensive effort by the UConn women and more takeaways from a lopsided win over SMU - Hartford Courant

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
“Oh my Gosh,” I love that quote! This is exhibit one for any player who wants to develop both physically and mentally to get to the next level of play. She’s learning stamina, effort, analysis and how to communicate her thoughts. Further proof why UConn players are more ready for the pros than most others.

Reaction Score
To her point, when legs were fresh in first half, she caught a pass on right side of the lane, took it into middle of the lane and drained a twelve footer. She penetrated so quickly it was like she was gliding, SMU defender had no time to react and CW rose about 18” and nailed it, all so effortlessly. As her body matures and strengthens, we are going to be treated to yet another very special player.

Reaction Score
Part of her recent problems have included her shot being off, and Williams said she thinks she finally understands why it’s happening.

“Oh my Gosh,” Williams said when asked about the three. “My arm’s so off. Every shot, if you notice, hits the back of the rim. I think it’s because I’m flat. I’m not used to working so hard on defense, so I don’t have any legs. I feel like the more we do it, I’ll get used to it and get my shot back. But yeah, it felt good.”

The season of 5 takeaways. A dominant defensive effort by the UConn women and more takeaways from a lopsided win over SMU - Hartford Courant
CW is a superstar---argue if you may, she is. In the ND with all the fuss happening to Danger and Arike; CW injured her elbow was holding it for most of the rest (few minutes) of the game. I worried then she may have something more serious. I have NOT read or heard nothing about the Medico's checking her out. Now it could be CW is the kind that sucks up the injury and soldiers on, I believe that to be true.
What is interesting is after that injury she has not been the same. Call it stamina, conditioning, or what you may she seems to have a reluctance to attack and take over the game. With her talent, she could do that every game if healthy.
Also, I fear when I read a player second-guessing the problem with her own shot--that means she will adjust and adjust and adjust until she screws up what was good.
Don't think CW--just shoot. The best things happen when the player reacts normally and doesn't over think any situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom