Christmas stocking stuffers for a 12 year old boy | The Boneyard

Christmas stocking stuffers for a 12 year old boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I was assigned a 12 year old male foster kid in a volunteer stocking stuffer thing.

Im staying away from fruit, socks, and the usual cop out stocking fillers.

But what you I get? I was told to fill it with gift cards, and I may get a couple. What else?

So far I've got silly putty, Pokémon pez dispenser, a few magic items (thumb, disappearing coin, etc).

Reaction Score
I was assigned a 12 year old male foster kid in a volunteer stocking stuffer thing.

But what you I get? I was told to fill it with gift cards, and I may get a couple. What else?

So far I've got silly putty, Pokémon pez dispenser, a few magic items (thumb, disappearing coin, etc).
Gift cards to Amazon or Walmart might be best. At that age most of what the boys I've worked with want is more than you probably want to spend. Some want books, some music, some games - can't go wrong with a gift card where they can use it toward what they really want or think they have to have.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
A red rider carbine action 200 shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and a thing which tells time or a football.
But in seriousness, I would try to stick with the basics like a basketball or other outdoor activity that can be used solo or with others.
It's not as fun opening a gift card on Christmas and even harder to play with.

Reaction Score
Sour Patch Kids. Trolli gummies. Nike pro socks. Water bottle. Phone case. AirPod case.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score

Funko Pops.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
UConn hoops swag. Create a fan.
Ha...I was going to say the exact same thing.

Stocking stuffers are tough but my initial thought was one of those over the door basketball hoops. Bobs Stores usually has a good amount of small UConn swag. My company used to do something like this for the local DCF and any kid who had sports items on his/her list inevitably got a little something out of the Uconn-Stamford bookstore in addition to their ask. Start 'em young!

Reaction Score

Smart watch? Linky

Reaction Score
UConn hat and/or beanie (if you live in CT it will probably never be inappropriate regardless). And if you get a nice beanie e.g Nike, it really may be nicer than whatever else he has on his head to keep him warm.

What Do You Meme or Cards Against Humanity or even Uno/Phase 10.

Whoopie Cushion.

More fashionable face masks (like nike/adidas).

Small bluetooth speaker

Dartboard.

Mini drone.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Gamestop gift cards

We did the Santa thing at work for kids in care of social workers, had spreadsheets of over a thousand kids with their info and requests. I had to pick one. Got him an Adidas sweatshirt, basketball and GameStop gift card. But I noticed that every teen boy wanted GameStop or Amazon gift cards.

Reaction Score
How about jerky? Middle school kids I know love that stuff and you can find nice deals on good jerky at a Home Goods/TJ Maxx store or Amazon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sour Patch Kids. Trolli gummies. Nike pro socks. Water bottle. Phone case. AirPod case.
Agree - Tech & candy. Like the socks thing. Kids like socks that are different with like pizza on them or the expensive Nike ones. No white tube socks etc. gift card too

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Kids that age love super spicy snacks. Takis and flaming hot Cheetos

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Amazon card, An Arby’s card and at least one Victoria Secrets catalog for a good nights sleep.

Reaction Score
Got one of these for each of my kids. Fits in a stocking perfectly.

GameWatchSuperMarioBros_photo_02.0.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member