OT - Christmas Presents for Bob Diaco | The Boneyard

OT - Christmas Presents for Bob Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The gift of sticking with 1 QB for an entire game...

Reaction Score
1) an offense that matches what he initially described to us
2) urgency

Edit: aw the double posts got deleted. Now my response isn't funny anymore.

It could be argued it wasn't funny in the first place.

Reaction Score
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...WoeAAAAIBAJ&sjid=QckEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2733,7359033

I don't know what Coach Booby wants for Christmas, but my UCONN football Christmas wish would be to sit with Coach Booby, by a nice warm fire, with a drawing board, and the best tablet, internet, projector technology, and the snow and wind whispering and pattering against the windows, and begin telling football stories of ages long ago, starting with this one about how even the great Tom Landry, f---ked up in trying to build an offense by rotating QB's, and then various aspects of the virtue that people are not machines, and can't be interchanged like machines.

After the lecture, it would go to Coach Booby's written work. Starting with the following 500 times in perfect handwriting. "I will not rotate Quarterbacks when building a consistent offense". Followed by writing 500 times: "I will have an established offensive game plan to maximize my team's strengths against my opponent's weakness." followed by 500 times, "I will make sure play calls in game situations show confidence in my offensive team's ability to move the ball."

...and I'm sure a lot more I can think of to write 500 times over the nice long Connecticut winter. Not worried about Coach Booby's aptitude on the defensive side of the ball. We need exponential growth on offense.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
another gift for Bob -

Season passes to Six Flags.

I know it was team building excercise and good idea - its one of those things if you go 10-2 it was great thing for team chemistry and yada yada yada and if you go 2-10 they should have been working on something football related instead.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I will take a route different from some of you unhappy campers. I will give him the gift we all want, an invite to the Big 10. Then much our hand wringing, complaining and agita can go away and the coach can get back to building this team, though hopefully with even better recruits now that we have a P5 home.

Reaction Score
A QB
A New OC
A New Conference
A New AD
A President with a Clue

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
A traincar full of coal might cost less than three season tickets to six exhibition games at the Rent. It's a bargain.

I trust him over some fans who have no clue how bad the program was when he got here. True freshman starting over upper classmen tells me all I need to know about how bad the program was with Pasqualoni and DeLeone.

He needs some time to get his players in position to win.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
As president, her #1 responsibility is obviously sports. Because UCONN is an athletic program first and a university second. :rolleyes:
I thought he was talking about some other President....:eek:

Reaction Score
I trust him over some fans who have no clue how bad the program was when he got here. True freshman starting over upper classmen tells me all I need to know about how bad the program was with Pasqualoni and DeLeone.

He needs some time to get his players in position to win.

Well, Wacky Bob Fiasco can make that first big step by coaching to win a game. And yeah, PGDL were a pox on our program. That's not a point of contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom