Christmas Leftovers | The Boneyard

Christmas Leftovers

Reaction Score
Show me your leftovers!

With leftover scalloped potatoes from x-mas eve, I made a Shakshuka w/ kale, cumin, coriander, garlic topped with lemon yogurt. A nice brunch before watching Jake "Fromm State Farm".

image0.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No picture, but had some leftover ham and a ham bone so made a pot of pasta y fagiole today. Made stock from the bone first, then the soup. Plenty of crushed red pepper and pecorino Romano on top.

That is all we have as well. Normally my wife turns that into Red Beans & Rice or Split Pea Soup. Since we are traveling soon, will probably get frozen first.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yesterday morning I made a Wellington eggs Benedict and dropped a poached egg and hollandaise over a slice . The duxelles worked wonderfully on that . Otherwise I’ve just been picking at the meat. Sliced some cold and put it on a roll with horseradish for lunch.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Were you having a flashback to the 70s when you decided to make that?
My British fiancées idea since we were stuck at home. It was quite the 2 day excercise. ( I did the duxelles with pancetta, seared the beef , and wrapped in prosciutto, the day before, and the pastry wrap day of.)

It came out really good but honestly I don’t need my meat wrapped in puff pastry. Straight up is good for me :).

Still enjoyed it. But I’ve had my fill now.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My British fiancées idea since we were stuck at home. It was quite the 2 day excercise. ( I did the duxelles with pancetta, seared the beef , and wrapped in prosciutto, the day before, and the pastry wrap day of.)

It came out really good but honestly I don’t need my meat wrapped in puff pastry. Straight up is good for me :).

Still enjoyed it. But I’ve had my fill now.
We did a small rib roast for Christmas, had a day's leftovers from that. Then one of my dog clients went away Sunday afternoon, and when I got there to let the dogs out that night, I see a note that there's leftover prime rib for me to take home. That was about 2 lbs.

Even with leftovers to still go through, last night I made spaghetti with broccoli rabe cause I just couldn't face more meat. Made a prime rib sandwich for lunch today though. One meal to go. Considering using it for chili.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom