Christian Vital's last 5 games | The Boneyard

Christian Vital's last 5 games

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Last 5 games we've gone 4-1, and he's scored double digits in four of those five.

12.8 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 3.4 apg with a 3.4/1 assist to turnover ratio.
  • 50% from the floor overall (19-38)
  • 50% from 3 (14-28)
  • 100% from the line (12/12)
  • Leads the team with 1.8 steals per game
I know the belief is that Gilbert or MAL will come in next year and immediately be the starter. But I don't really believe that's going to be the case.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He'll be our most natural shooting guard next year. No matter how the rotation goes, assuming Adams is back, it's gonna be sick. Adams, Vital, Gilbert, and maybe even MAL will all be starting caliber guards fighting each other for minutes.

Reaction Score
He'll be our most natural shooting guard next year. No matter how the rotation goes, assuming Adams is back, it's gonna be sick. Adams, Vital, Gilbert, and maybe even MAL will all be starting caliber guards fighting each other for minutes.

We haven't had enough competition for playing time in a long time. It will be good to see. Competition makes everyone better.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
CV has impressed in last few games - bodes well for next year

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Last 5 games we've gone 4-1, and he's scored double digits in four of those five.

• 50% from 3 (14-28)
I know the belief is that Gilbert or MAL will come in next year and immediately be the starter. But I don't really believe that's going to be the case.

I'll go on record that Vital ends up like Ollie and Taliek Brown. Every year they were over recruited and every year the "pundits" predicted lost minutes and rotation spot. And every year they ended up with 25-30 mpg.

Play D, hustle, rebound and score and you play. If nothing else, if Vital isn't getting almost mpg we will know the players who leap frogged him earned it in practice and are getting tested every day in practice.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'll go on record that Vital ends up like Ollie and Taliek Brown. Every year they were over recruited and every year the "pundits" predicted lost minutes and rotation spot. And every year they ended up with 25-30 mpg.

Play D, hustle, rebound and score and you play. If nothing else, if Vital isn't getting almost mpg we will know the players who leap frogged him earned it in practice and are getting tested every day in practice.

Agreed, but he's potentially a much better shooter than either.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Agreed, but he's potentially a much better shooter than either.

That's playing dirty pool, Mr. Nomar. You had to throw out that little grenade about Taliek's shooting. Raw meat for the 'yard.

Reaction Score

• 50% from 3 (14-28)

Context:

The 4 wins were against East Carolina (home), Tulane (home), South Florida twice (H + A).

He was 3-8 from 3 for 13 points, 3 reb, 2 ast, and 2 TO against Cincy. I'll take the shooting, for sure.

That being said, Gilbert will 100% start next year, but we may play 3 guards + Larrier and Enoch.

Reaction Score
I think Gilbert and MAL are going to be better than him, but let's not discount the difficult transition back from injury (Gilbert) or from HS to college (MAL). People were here talking about how CV and VJ were going to be terrible a month in, and suddenly that's quieted down as they've adjusted to the speed of the game.

All that said, I think it means CV is going to play more minutes than some expect, and be damn good in many of them. And over 4 years? The kid is likely going to be one of those glue-guy players we all still really love years later. I suspect he'll play a big role in some big wins going forward with his steady hand and nice stroke.

I expect next year will start weak (Larrier/Gilbert coming off injury, Enoch/Durham getting used to bigger minutes), but that the team really rounds into dangerous form later in the year.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I think Gilbert and MAL are going to be better than him, but let's not discount the difficult transition back from injury (Gilbert) or from HS to college (MAL). People were here talking about how CV and VJ were going to be terrible a month in, and suddenly that's quieted down as they've adjusted to the speed of the game.

All that said, I think it means CV is going to play more minutes than some expect, and be damn good in many of them. And over 4 years? The kid is likely going to be one of those glue-guy players we all still really love years later. I suspect he'll play a big role in some big wins going forward with his steady hand and nice stroke.

I expect next year will start weak (Larrier/Gilbert coming off injury, Enoch/Durham getting used to bigger minutes), but that the team really rounds into dangerous form later in the year.

I think Vital we will start next year. He can be both a lockdown defender and a knockdown three point shooter if he puts the work in and the perfect compliment for a penetrating point guard.

Reaction Score
Vital's ability to score without needing the ball in his hands has already been huge this year. Great compliment to guards like Gilbert, and I'm excited to watch their future together.

Reaction Score
I still think a healthy Gilbert will play a lot more next season, but I never liked it when people were comparing Vital to Craig Austrie.

No disrespect to Austrie, but Vital has more upside. They're both guards and four-year players, but that's about where the comparison ends.

Reaction Score
Vital could very well start next year and may deserve to but I love him off the bench.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That's playing dirty pool, Mr. Nomar. You had to throw out that little grenade about Taliek's shooting. Raw meat for the 'yard.

TB was/is one of my favorite Huskies
I don't care if he didn't have the best shot - he won a NC
That means more than anything to me because more people than not said that UConn will never win a NC with TB at the point

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
TB was/is one of my favorite Huskies
I don't care if he didn't have the best shot - he won a NC
That means more than anything to me because more people than not said that UConn will never win a NC with TB at the point
He, Dyson and Rodney received the greatest hits in this forum.

And I still see that 3 he made at MSG. Was sitting behind the basket when it happened. The Garden was rocking when he made it.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He, Dyson and Rodney received the greatest hits in this forum.

And I still see that 3 he made at MSG. Was sitting behind the basket when it happened. The Garden was rocking when he made it.

I had great seats. A perfect side view of the shot, from left to right.

What a game. Afterwards, all the UConn fans were chanting "One more year! One more year!" at Caron, who was eating it up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom