Christian Vital shooting | The Boneyard

Christian Vital shooting

Reaction Score
Columbia and BU games - 11/22, 50%

The 6 other games - 1/23, 04%

Discuss.

Reaction Score
As long as he finds other ways to help us but we will need his shooting to be consistent. With AG out we need Vital as his role just got expanded again.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Columbia and BU games - 11/22, 50%

The 6 other games - 1/23, 04%

Discuss.

Very streaky shooter. His mechanics seem slightly off, but hard to tell without standing right behind or right in front of him. He seems to bring the ball behind his head (cocking it) before the release and possibly with his elbow slightly out, not directly under his hand. Larry Bird shot this way but his elbow was always in the perfect L position with elbow and hand at exact 90 degree angle. The other great 3 shooters like Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, and Steph Curry all release straight through from in front and just above forehead without cocking behind. This is a more "pure" or fluid mechanical style that stays in a straight line from the floor (feet) to the release without the backwards cocking motion. In my opinion, the cocking behind the head style of shooting is harder, more prone to variations from shot to shot. However, with enough practice (like underhand free-throw shooting) consistency can happen regardless. Time will tell whether he really becomes a reliable "shooter" or continues to be very streaky. I hope the former.

Reaction Score
He has been much better catch and shoot. I would love to see his stats shooting off the dribble....it seems like it has been dreadful. Despite not lighting it up yesterday he found a way to impact game, get to the line and get some tough points in paint...

Ollie has to be happy that he did not sulk and continued to flight and claw to help team win...

Reaction Score
Love CV. He didn’t shoot the 3 great yesterday but found other scoring opportunities plus six rebounds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom