OT- Chris Paul is a Laker | The Boneyard

OT- Chris Paul is a Laker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Paul joins the Lakers and Gasol gets shipped to Houston and Odom to New Orleans.

Reaction Score
word on the street is Howard will follow soon.

sucks that they had to give up Odom, who became my favorite nba player.

Reaction Score
I've heard that about Howard but how the hell would they swing that. Sure you can get Howard if you trade Paul and Bynum.

Reaction Score
they will get howard and keep paul book it. look for the lakers to possibly add a third team to a deal that will ultimately land bynum in orlando and howard in la la land.

Reaction Score
I know the league owns the Hornets but that's pretty ridiculous that they can just kill the deal like that.

Reaction Score
444440459.gif

Reaction Score
y not...the league own the team...its like an owner calling the trade off...thats totally fine...

Reaction Score
There's something I was NOT expecting, even though it's been on the NBA radar for sometime.

Reaction Score
Hornets have to be pissed they got a great deal a lot of solid players going to New Orleans in this trade, this trade is only good for LAL if they got Howard which it looks like they wouldn't have as he wants to got to the Nets, leaving Lakers with CP3, Kobe, and forced to have Bynum and his shakey knees carry the post offense not a great recipe for success in the West. Hornets will have a hard time finding a better deal than this for CP3.

Reaction Score
And it's not a conflict of interest for the NBA to send a star player to a big market?
The decision that's made is irrelevant to the question of whether it's a conflict of interest.

The NBA running a team creates a tremendous conflict of interest. Here are the two interests that compete:

1. Run the Hornets as profitably as possible.
2. Run the NBA as profitably as possible.

Those are not coterminal interests. I.e., they do not perfectly overlap.

Example - the folks running the NBA surely would prefer to have their top talent spread out.

The Heat 3 some is bad for the NBA.

How much did Cleveland attendance/money drop since LeClown left?
Did it counter the added $ in Miami?

Point is, spread out stars is better than concentrated stars.

So you could have a situation here where Paul leaving NO is better for NO in terms of end-of-day business profits, but bad for the NBA, because now when NO rolls into Cleveland, only the truly bored attend the game, and total interest in the NBA in Cleveland and NO goes down.

So it's very worrisome that the NBA is blocking this trade, because it smacks of monopolistic control of resources to the detriment of competition.

Reaction Score
The decision that's made is irrelevant to the question of whether it's a conflict of interest.

The NBA running a team creates a tremendous conflict of interest. Here are the two interests that compete:

1. Run the Hornets as profitably as possible.
2. Run the NBA as profitably as possible.

Those are not coterminal interests. I.e., they do not perfectly overlap.

Example - the folks running the NBA surely would prefer to have their top talent spread out.

The Heat 3 some is bad for the NBA.

How much did Cleveland attendance/money drop since LeClown left?
Did it counter the added $ in Miami?

Point is, spread out stars is better than concentrated stars.

So you could have a situation here where Paul leaving NO is better for NO in terms of end-of-day business profits, but bad for the NBA, because now when NO rolls into Cleveland, only the truly bored attend the game, and total interest in the NBA in Cleveland and NO goes down.

So it's very worrisome that the NBA is blocking this trade, because it smacks of monopolistic control of resources to the detriment of competition.

The key figure is a New Orleans player who was blocked from going to the LA Lakers. Not vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom