OT: Chris Paul Fiasco | The Boneyard

OT: Chris Paul Fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This story is getting out of control. I am curious to hear people's opinions of how Stern is handling this... if the trade to the Clippers stays dead like the Lakers one did, I have to wonder when this could become a legal mess with the potential manipulation that's going on. It's less than two weeks until the season starts and two mutually attractive packages have been shot down.

It really is a shame if CP3 doesn't end up in LA. He seems like a good guy and has done a really solid job leading some mediocre teams to playoff runs and being a leader for the community of New Orleans, which now looks like it's beyond his help as an NBA city. Whether or not he's the best PG in the league, he's an elite likable player in his prime and putting him in a great market like LA would be great for the league.

And spare me the argument that New Orleans deserves a superstar. If they grabbed a first round pick in a CP3 trade and had a bad season, they'd likely pick up two stars in this loaded 2012 draft. Paul doesn't owe that city anything, and N.O could potentially reload with some fresh faces.

Reaction Score
The owners are flexing and certainly want to wrest control from the players. They are vowing not to have a repeat of the Lebron event where he controlled his destiny. Its wrong but after losing some money during lockout they are acting spiteful/revengeful.

Reaction Score
Some people are floating the idea that the league wants Chris Paul to stay in NOLA, so when he leaves it will be easier to contract the hornets and Re-Establish a team in Seattle.

Reaction Score
This story is getting out of control. I am curious to hear people's opinions of how Stern is handling this... if the trade to the Clippers stays dead like the Lakers one did, I have to wonder when this could become a legal mess with the potential manipulation that's going on. It's less than two weeks until the season starts and two mutually attractive packages have been shot down.

It really is a shame if CP3 doesn't end up in LA. He seems like a good guy and has done a really solid job leading some mediocre teams to playoff runs and being a leader for the community of New Orleans, which now looks like it's beyond his help as an NBA city. Whether or not he's the best PG in the league, he's an elite likable player in his prime and putting him in a great market like LA would be great for the league.

And spare me the argument that New Orleans deserves a superstar. If they grabbed a first round pick in a CP3 trade and had a bad season, they'd likely pick up two stars in this loaded 2012 draft. Paul doesn't owe that city anything, and N.O could potentially reload with some fresh faces.

Draft = Superstar?

No one said he owed New Orleans anything. But the new rules in play make a difference. If the next owners of New Orleans can't keep him under the new rules, then they should trade him to the Lakers or whomever, but since the league may have some underlying motivation in stacking the Lakers, I don't blame other owners for calling foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom