OT: - Chris Mullin out as Head Coach of St. Johns | The Boneyard

OT: Chris Mullin out as Head Coach of St. Johns

Reaction Score
Shocked
Shocked I tell you
Who could’ve ever foreseen that this wasn’t destined to work out?
Who’s that transfer they just landed?

Reaction Score
I really hope it's not Bob. Would hate to have two Hurley's recruiting New York and New England.

Yeah that’s annoying if they don’t pursue because their brother is already recruiting a kid.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Is Mullen out because of insufficient progress or is there a problem of some kind (violations) or something else under the radar?

Reaction Score
Eh I can get on board with it. Play them every year and become our rival. I hate that our rival is Cincy.

Fully agree. Us becoming good again is not going to hinge on a SJU hire. If we do both get good this is a big national story when we play.

Reaction Score
My god I love that they leaked this right before the game. Ultimate news dump.

In response to the above. Dan and Bob wouldn’t back off a recruit because the other was already recruiting him.

(come home, Bobby!)

That being said, Bob is not as tied to the northeast as his brother. He’s been all over the place, and geography won’t be a major factor for his next job choice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
St. John's is buying out Mullin (probs $4M - source), will have to pay Hurley's buyout which is $2.5-$3M (source), and will end up having to pay Hurley another $2.1M or more per year (which is what he's making at ASU).

Let's see if it works.
Yeah if that's the case it's not happening. And Rothstein tweet is about what St. John's wants. Not sure if B Hurley wants to come back east at this point.

But is Mullin resigning or being let go? The wording of "step down" makes me wonder. Huge difference.

Reaction Score
Yeah if that's the case it's not happening. And Rothstein tweet is about what St. John's wants. Not sure if B Hurley wants to come back east at this point.

But is Mullin resigning or being let go? The wording of "step down" makes me wonder. Huge difference.
Zags says he's hearing Mullin is being bought out

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
St. John's has had some players with strong NBA careers. Hall of Fame careers.

AD should reach to them to see if they'll chip in for buyout.

Reaction Score
Top of my list for UConn would be John Wooden. But he's not walking through that door and neither is Bobby Hurley

Reaction Score
Zags says he's hearing Mullin is being bought out

Wow. Interesting then. I don't see them having the money to buy him out, another big name coach buyout and his salary but let's see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom