Chris Dailey: Syracuse Pregame - 3/22/21 | The Boneyard

Chris Dailey: Syracuse Pregame - 3/22/21

Reaction Score
Interesting. CD responds to WSJ report that 'March Madness' is branding only for the men's tourney, not the women's.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thought her response on the covid at the end was very informative: everyday going in to get tested and then waiting for the results and wondering if your season just ended.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is too bad that Geno is not at the tournament as he is not also getting the national headlines on the disparity shown at the tournament as he has no issues telling it like it is. Tara and Dawn have put out in the open things about March Madness that I'm sure almost no one realized, and I bet even the sponsors also did not realize, and now will be called out for supporting this uneven treatment.

Reaction Score
I also loved her response to the question about NIka. Basically Nika will play if the training staff allows it.

Reaction Score
I also loved her response to the question about NIka. Basically Nika will play if the training staff allows it.

I was happy when she said Nika was questionable. I was afraid it was going to be "out".

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is too bad that Geno is not at the tournament as he is not also getting the national headlines on the disparity shown at the tournament as he has no issues telling it like it is. Tara and Dawn have put out in the open things about March Madness that I'm sure almost no one realized, and I bet even the sponsors also did not realize, and now will be called out for supporting this uneven treatment.
Geno's press availability before the first game he was pretty forceful about the crap the women have to put up with - said they are lucky now at Uconn, but it didn't start out like that. I don't think he or CD have issued a written statement, but they have been a lot more forceful than the Uconn AD.

I remember part of the friction with the men's coaching staff was about Gampel availability for practice, and the men were annoyed that a women's team was messing with the schedule they wanted. Calhoun was not exactly enlightened shall we say.

The creation of the practice facility has removed that issue for good.

Reaction Score
I saw that one and you are correct. The problem is the national press pregame stuff all now goes to CD who is at the tournament. I'm not implying she is not doing a great job but that Geno would hit the papers harder.

Reaction Score
I happen to be watching the Louisville/Marist game and the discussion about the "great" ACC talked about the Syracuse/UConn game coming up that they implied was going to be really hard for UConn because Syracuse was so good mostly because they gave Louisville a bit of trouble.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Is it just me, or is the hardest part of watching or listening to these pressers is hearing some of the D.A. questions that are asked by the reporters. A few are good, but some of them are thoughtless, and borderline dumb. You can tell that some of them ask a question just to ask it. No thought or preparation went into it. One reporter asked Chris if they had a game plan for Syracuse's 6'7" post player. :confused: Duh!?! She a starter and the tallest player on the floor. How could you possibly put together a game plan that did not include her? SMH.

Some (not all) of the reporters are not very articulate as they ramble and stumble through their questions. Listen again at this presser, and listen to some of the questions posed to Chris, and how they are presented. These reporters are "seasoned" professionals and should be better at this than they are. Like her or not, but I think one of the best interviewers in the business is Doris Burke. She always has her questions prepared, and they are always intelligent, presented professionally, and germane to the game just played.

Reaction Score
I’m an entertainment journalist and you wouldn’t believe the stupid questions I’ve heard at press conferences. Someone told Laura Dern that she was convincing as a human. Someone asked Zac Efron if he liked himself more after he buffed up. I could go on and on. It embarrasses me sometimes.

Reaction Score
Generally we don’t get much insight into Chris’s personality. This was great. No wonder everyone loves her!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom