Chris Dailey on our fun freshman | The Boneyard

Chris Dailey on our fun freshman

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Paige is not only making Geno's head swim

Bueckers — who leads the Huskies in scoring (19.7), assists (6.0), steals (2.2) and minutes played (35.7) — is a free thinker, known to playfully question almost everything. In personality, she reminds Dailey of UConn legend Diana Taurasi.

“I think if she wasn’t a lawyer in her previous life, she’s probably going to be one,” Dailey joked. “She can argue anything. You can turn it around and she’ll start arguing against herself if you stay with it long enough. She’s got a lot of Diana in her as far as that goes.”

“If I say it’s Tuesday, she’ll say, ‘No, it’s actually almost Wednesday.’ It’s just constant. In a fun way, though. There are some days that it can be annoying, but most of the time it’s in a fun way like Diana,” Dailey explained.

Come on Chris, you can admit it. She reminds you of Diana (and Sue) on the court to. :D

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Come on Chris, you can admit it. She reminds you of Diana (and Sue) on the court to. :D
I was thinking Sue because Geno has said Sue was "always right" and "smarter than everyone else." She always wanted to know why she should do a certain thing his way. She would then tell him a better way which of course was always her way..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Praying that this talented group will stay healthy For the duration of the tournament. I pray that they will the games they are capable of. A little luck helps as well. You have a host of fans rooting for you!
Agreed. Except for luck. I don't believe in luck. For example, if you lose on a last second shot, you put yourself in that position, usually. I say "usually" because, sometimes, the refs put you in that spot. Unfortunately, UConn and Stanford are pretty even teams and there are a few teams not far behind. So the probability of shooting yourself in the foot or being shot by a Geno hating ref is high this year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Agreed. Except for luck. I don't believe in luck. For example, if you lose on a last second shot, you put yourself in that position, usually. I say "usually" because, sometimes, the refs put you in that spot. Unfortunately, UConn and Stanford are pretty even teams and there are a few teams not far behind. So the probability of shooting yourself in the foot or being shot by a Geno hating ref is high this year.
:eek: Would you happen to know how to get in touch with some "Geno Lovin" refs?
I'm asking for the selection committee. :D

Reaction Score
:eek: Would you happen to know how to get in touch with some "Geno Lovin" refs?
I'm asking for the selection committee. :D
I wish I did and I wish I had that kind of influence but I don't. It is cute that you don't believe there are Geno hating refs.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
and it seems CD will be coaching the first round at least.

Reaction Score
:D I think it's cute that you don't believe in luck.
It isn't. It is easier to believe in luck because, then, you don't need to face the harsh realities of life. Realities like you have the most control of your own destiny or that there are people who will hate you for what you.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don't know that I call it luck more vs. "chance". Did Paige put herself into a shooting position against Tenn or SC to shoot those 3 pointers and have the "chance" that they go in? Yes, she did. Did Morgan William or Arike Ogunbowale create a "chance" for their shots to go in, yes. All 4 of those shots could have just as easily not gone in just like Soniya Chong's shot missing. There is a chance for it to go and chance for it to not go in.

That said, some players seem to always create their own "chances" as a higher rate than others. Think of Derek Jeter vs. Nomar Garciaparra...both great players, both immensely skills and yet, Derek is iconic and Nomar isn't.

The other reality is maybe our "new" member Scud, misspelled his avatar name and it really should be ScuderiaDUI....based on the aggression of the posts... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The other reality is maybe our "new" member Scud, misspelled his avatar name and it really should be ScuderiaDUI....based on the aggression of the posts... :rolleyes:
We have a case of “pot meets kettle” here, huh.

Reaction Score
I believe in luck. I also believe that your preparation influences that luck. The most prepared team will have the most good luck as they will be in the best position to let it happen.
As Gary Player once said, "the more I practice the luckier I get"! It sure can influence your behavior, good and bad.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
As Gary Player once said, "the more I practice the luckier I get"! It sure can influence your behavior, good and bad.
Efren "Bata" Reyes has expressed a similar sentiment relative to his "lucky" shots which in many minds made him the best pool/billiards player ever. He even beat Ronnie O'Sullivan at snooker for money of course.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom