Chris Dailey named Woman's HOF Finalist! | The Boneyard

Chris Dailey named Woman's HOF Finalist!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow I guess that Jeff Jacobs is pretty powerful if he can merely suggest Coach Dailey's enshrinement in the column in the morning and have her named in the afternoon!

Congratulations Coach Dailey! It is very well deserved!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
wow I guess that Jeff Jacobs is pretty powerful if you can merely suggested in the column in the morning and have her named in the afternoon!

Congratulations Coach Dailey! It is very well deserved!

He published the column in the morning, but he certainly worked/lobbied on CD getting in weeks and possibly months before, probably since the 1000 wins.

Reaction Score
DTTUpjNX4AconTc.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Details at

Women's Basketball Hall of Fame Announces Its 10 Finalists for 2018 Induction Class - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

January 11, 2018 – The Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame announced its 10 finalists for consideration for induction into the Hall of Fame on ESPN during the Notre Dame at Louisville game (7:00 p.m. ET). The 10 finalists for the Class of 2018 are: Yelena Baranova (international player), Ceal Barry (coach), Rose Marie Battaglia (veteran, contributor), Christine Dailey (contributor – assistant coach), Mickie DeMoss (contributor – assistant coach), Chamique Holdsclaw (player), Vickie Orr (player), Katie Smith (player), Valerie Still (player), and Tina Thompson (player). The Class of 2018 will be selected from the 10 finalists and announced on ESPN2 on February 12 during the Louisville at Connecticut game (7:00 p.m. ET).

CHRISTINE DAILEY – (Contributor – Assistant Coach) As Connecticut’s top assistant coach for the last 32 years, the Huskies have posted a 991-135 overall record en route to 11 NCAA National Championships. Helped develop 19 Huskies into First Team All-Americans and eight National Players of the Year. Inducted into the Connecticut Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame and the New England Basketball Hall of Fame.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Details at

Women's Basketball Hall of Fame Announces Its 10 Finalists for 2018 Induction Class - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

January 11, 2018 – The Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame announced its 10 finalists for consideration for induction into the Hall of Fame on ESPN during the Notre Dame at Louisville game (7:00 p.m. ET). The 10 finalists for the Class of 2018 are: Yelena Baranova (international player), Ceal Barry (coach), Rose Marie Battaglia (veteran, contributor), Christine Dailey (contributor – assistant coach), Mickie DeMoss (contributor – assistant coach), Chamique Holdsclaw (player), Vickie Orr (player), Katie Smith (player), Valerie Still (player), and Tina Thompson (player). The Class of 2018 will be selected from the 10 finalists and announced on ESPN2 on February 12 during the Louisville at Connecticut game (7:00 p.m. ET).

CHRISTINE DAILEY – (Contributor – Assistant Coach) As Connecticut’s top assistant coach for the last 32 years, the Huskies have posted a 991-135 overall record en route to 11 NCAA National Championships. Helped develop 19 Huskies into First Team All-Americans and eight National Players of the Year. Inducted into the Connecticut Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame and the New England Basketball Hall of Fame.
EIGHT National Players of the Year!! That's crazy good!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"I'm surprised it's taken this long, really," Auriemma said. "But I can't think of anyone that's more deserving than her. I always thought there would come a time that CD would become part of this mix. I was hoping it would be sooner than later and I'm sure she'll be ecstatic to find out."

Chris Dailey among Women's Basketball Hall of Fame 2018 finalists

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Jeff wrote about the Naismith Basketball HOF in Springfield. Chris is a finalist for the Womens Basketball HOF in Knoxville.
Hope that this is a first step on the road to Springfield. CD is certainly deserving of both honors.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Details at

How many get in...5? My selections would be:
-Holdsclaw
-Dailey or DeMoss
-Baranova
-Smith
-Thompson

-Barry had a long career and some nice seasons but never made a Final Four.
-Battaglia I've never heard of
-The careers of Orr and Still pale in comparison to the 4 players above
-DeMoss vs. Dailey is tough IMO. I know everyone here will be pro Dailey, but DeMoss has done a little bit of everything in 40+ years, including winning collegiately and in the WNBA. If forced to choose I'd go with Dailey, but I'd love for both of them to make it this year.

Reaction Score
If/when she gets it, will definitely be the best dressed winner of all time.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is shaping up perfectly as a wonderful day in a myriad of perfect events for UConn

How can we doubt that CD will be selected when the announcement will be made at halftime on ESPN2 on February 12 during the Louisville at Connecticut game which hopefully is #1 vs #2. Win the game at home , mess up Walz's perfect season, get CD into the HOF (post game banner unveiling??) and have ESPN interview in depth CD. :D:D:D

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
How many get in...5? My selections would be:
-Holdsclaw
-Dailey or DeMoss
-Baranova
-Smith
-Thompson

-Barry had a long career and some nice seasons but never made a Final Four.
-Battaglia I've never heard of
-The careers of Orr and Still pale in comparison to the 4 players above
-DeMoss vs. Dailey is tough IMO. I know everyone here will be pro Dailey, but DeMoss has done a little bit of everything in 40+ years, including winning collegiately and in the WNBA. If forced to choose I'd go with Dailey, but I'd love for both of them to make it this year.
Battaglia was a capo for Vito Corleone

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Does the HOF in Knoxville have any coaches who have never been head coaches?

As to the same question for The Naismith HOF....seriously seriously doubt it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He published the column in the morning, but he certainly worked/lobbied on CD getting in weeks and possibly months before, probably since the 1000 wins.
How so?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Daley's selection for enshrinement into the Women's HOF should be a no brainer. Geno's incomparable record is also her record. Not to mention all of the other contributions and innovations she's made to program that are not news worthy, but are recognized and acknowledged by UConn insiders, current and former players. She should have been inducted years ago. So, I ask the question: If not her, then who? If not now, when? :confused: Her selection into the hall should be a foregone conclusion.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is shaping up perfectly as a wonderful day in a myriad of perfect events for UConn

How can we doubt that CD will be selected when the announcement will be made at halftime on ESPN2 on February 12 during the Louisville at Connecticut game which hopefully is #1 vs #2. Win the game at home , mess up Walz's perfect season, get CD into the HOF (post game banner unveiling??) and have ESPN interview in depth CD. :D:D:D

The cherry top of this scenario would be the announcement by several of UConn's potential (highly coveted) recruits that they are committing to UConn. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom