Chris Dailey inducted in to Asst Coaches Hall of Fame | The Boneyard

Chris Dailey inducted in to Asst Coaches Hall of Fame

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kind of feel that Chris was impetus for the recent burst of recognition of asst. coaches. She's had a great run at UConn. Of course we know that CD is an "associate head coach" not an assistant.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This was a gimme, there was NO WAY that CD didn't make the inaugural Assistant Coaches HOF, since she and Mickie Demoss were already inducted into the WBB HOF as Assistant (Associate) Head Coaches.

Reaction Score
Inaugural class. Congrats CD!

Hasn't anyone told them she's not an ASSISTANT? She's an Associate, BIG difference. Assistants, assit. Associates are more in the co-coach mode more ownership.. Associate more accurately defines the role of Christine Dailey..

Reaction Score
A bit partisan here, not going to debate the assistant, associate thingy as others in the group have the same title. Just my opinion, if this is a new wing or area in The Hall it should be named after CD.

Reaction Score
Hasn't anyone told them she's not an ASSISTANT? She's an Associate, BIG difference. Assistants, assit. Associates are more in the co-coach mode more ownership.. Associate more accurately defines the role of Christine Dailey..
Oh come on - she's an assistant coach. Assistant head coach, associate head coach - whatever. She's an assistant coach. Her title indicates she is the most senior assistant (by far), and possibly the other assistants report to her as well as to Geno (?). But she's an assistant coach. The "co-coaching" authority is probably split about 95-5 between Geno and her.

Reaction Score
Oh come on. She's an assistant. Her title indicates she is the most senior assistant (by far), and possibly the other assistants report to her, as well as to Geno (?). But she's an assistant coach. The "co-coaching" authority is probably split about 95-5 between Geno and her.

She is an Associate. In the hierarchy of college and universities, the title gives her more teaching privileges than a grad tutor/assistant or an assistant. Think of your school days when you were waiting for class to start. PhD's, professors, teachers, then the grad tutor...the only exception was waiting for Mother Superior..you waited til hell froze over...

Reaction Score
She is an Associate. In the hierarchy of college and universities, the title gives her more teaching privileges than a grad tutor/assistant or an assistant. Think of your school days when you were waiting for class to start. PhD's, professors, teachers, then the grad tutor...the only exception was waiting for Mother Superior..you waited til hell froze over...
Whatever. I love CD, but the reality is - regardless of title - she ain't the head coach, the co-head coach, or anything close to the co-head coach.

When's the last time anyone on the Boneyard blamed CD for bad recruiting strategy, not playing the subs enough, not changing with the times, or all that other bad stuff Geno gets bashed with (as he continues to go to the final 4 every year)? Right....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh come on - she's an assistant coach. Assistant head coach, associate head coach - whatever. She's an assistant coach. Her title indicates she is the most senior assistant (by far), and possibly the other assistants report to her as well as to Geno (?). But she's an assistant coach. The "co-coaching" authority is probably split about 95-5 between Geno and her.
You are right in that even the ASSOCIATE coach assists the head coach. Her title was given because she had taken on so many duties of the head coach that Assistant no longer applied.
There is no such thing as Co-Coach but often that seems to apply. Especially on those days when Geno has been ejected (it has happened) and CD was the Coach of that game or as in recent times Geno was ill or not available to coach.
CD to this team means more than LONG LONG LONG time assistant Shea or Marisa or Jazmine. If Uconn were a Catholic School CD would be Mother Superior of this team, Propriety co-ordinator, Miss Manners, Tattoo Controller, Uniform uniformor, You get the idea: Geno's ONLY job is coaching practices (with help from the 3 above) CD is the Post Coach, Geno and Shea are Guards Coaches, Geno is Game planner with Scouting reports form CD.
heck I could go on. CD is such a class act in all modes, Uconn would not be Uconn without her.. I and some in my family have received Birthday wishes from CD--
I know you were pulling my LEGS (it had be both to get my attention) thanks...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

If you are waiting for an Assoicate Head Coach Hall of Fame, bring a long lunch. ;)

Reaction Score
You are right in that even the ASSOCIATE coach assists the head coach. Her title was given because she had taken on so many duties of the head coach that Assistant no longer applied.
There is no such thing as Co-Coach but often that seems to apply. Especially on those days when Geno has been ejected (it has happened) and CD was the Coach of that game or as in recent times Geno was ill or not available to coach.
CD to this team means more than LONG LONG LONG time assistant Shea or Marisa or Jazmine. If Uconn were a Catholic School CD would be Mother Superior of this team, Uniform uniformor, You get the idea: Geno's ONLY job is coaching practices (with help from the 3 above) CD is the Post Coach, Geno and Shea are Guards Coaches, Geno is Game planner with Scouting reports form CD.
heck I could go on. CD is such a class act in all modes, Uconn would not be Uconn without her.. I and some in my family have received Birthday wishes from CD--
I know you were pulling my LEGS (it had be both to get my attention) thanks...
I wasn't pulling your leg. CD's title basically means she's the 'head' assistant coach. Just because she's a class act (true), Propriety Co-ordinator, Miss Manners, Tattoo Controller, and has sent you birthday wishes doesn't mean has has any real head coaching responsibility.

We had a project manager in China who's claim to competence, wanting to become the general manger of the JV we were creating, was that he knew his way around China, knew what hotels were safe, knew how to get train tickets, knew who was who, etc. All valuable stuff, but GM? Really? Big whoop. When are you going to do some "real work"?

Why don't we blame CD for not having any bigs, not casting a wide enough recruiting net, and not playing the subs enough to develop them? And why doesn't she have her own SNY TV show? Because she's not the head coach.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wasn't pulling your leg. CD's title basically means she's the 'head' assistant coach. Just because she's a class act (true), Propriety Co-ordinator, Miss Manners, Tattoo Controller, and has sent you birthday wishes doesn't mean has has any real head coaching responsibility.

We had a project manager in China who's claim to competence, wanting to become the general manger of the JV we were creating, was that he knew his way around China, knew what hotels were safe, knew how to get train tickets, knew who was who, etc. All valuable stuff, but GM? Really? Big whoop. When are you going to do some "real work"?

Why don't we blame CD for not having any bigs, not casting a wide enough recruiting net, and not playing the subs enough to develop them? And why doesn't she have her own SNY TV show? Because she's not the head coach.
Associate does not mean Head coach. That's true. Associate also does not mean ASSISTANT. If I am your associate that implies we are close to being on the same plain. Assistant means one who assists. That is certainly not her primary duty. Here or in China. True Fans do not blame BLAME either CD nor Geno, if you follow the real facts you will find Geno and Christine Recruited bigs. Words often said: Uconn is NOT FOR EVERYONE, Cox, others chose not to come to Uconn and maybe Uconn didnt choose her or others. Whose fault??? Could be CD--=why blame any one except the Recruiting CRAP SHOOT??!

Tru

Reaction Score
Associate does not mean Head coach. That's true. Associate also does not mean ASSISTANT. If I am your associate that implies we are close to being on the same plain. Assistant means one who assists. That is certainly not her primary duty. Here or in China. True Fans do not blame BLAME either CD nor Geno, if you follow the real facts you will find Geno and Christine Recruited bigs. Words often said: Uconn is NOT FOR EVERYONE, Cox, others chose not to come to Uconn and maybe Uconn didnt choose her or others. Whose fault??? Could be CD--=why blame any one except the Recruiting CRAP SHOOT??!

Tru
I don't necessarily blame Geno, but the example was intended to be relatable, since so many on this board do. The point is Geno is the head coach so he gets the credit and he takes the heat. CD is his associate, but no where near on the same 'head coach' plane. Indeed her job is to assist him.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Stop being pedantic. The Hall of Fame calls the group (assistant, associate, whatever) as "Assistant". You making a big deal out of the title when the Honoring faction calls the group something different takes away the energy this thread was to bring. She's the top of her profession and has earned all the kudos and respect we can give. So lets stop quibbling and be happy she's being recognized by many factions. Hopefully, Springfield is next!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom