Chris Dailey for WBBHOF | The Boneyard

Chris Dailey for WBBHOF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just sent the following via email to the hall. Long overdue IMHO.

Greetings Mr. Sullivan

I know you must have an established procedure for selecting nominees. I would like to offer for your consideration Ms. Chris Dailey Associate Head Coach at the University of Connecticut. Generations of former players cite her as an essential part of their personal success a well as the on-going accomplishments of the remarkable UConn program. Her contribution to women's basketball are noteworthy and yet recognition seems to have eluded her (although she certainly does not seek it).

best regards

Jim McManus
WCBB fan

What say you BYers?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Chris Dailey is an enemy of the WBBHOF? ;)

Reaction Score
I just sent the following via email to the hall. Long overdue IMHO.

Greetings Mr. Sullivan

I know you must have an established procedure for selecting nominees. I would like to offer for your consideration Ms. Chris Dailey Associate Head Coach at the University of Connecticut. Generations of former players cite her as an essential part of their personal success a well as the on-going accomplishments of the remarkable UConn program. Her contribution to women's basketball are noteworthy and yet recognition seems to have eluded her (although she certainly does not seek it).

best regards

Jim McManus
WCBB fan

What say you BYers?
In terms of Long over due--Wow is that an understatement!! I agree Christine Dailey has earned it and to me it is her DUE--If you would put a full mailing address I'd be pleased to send my confirmation of your letter to them. Or is there a way for all BY'ers to simply attach our confirmation to your letter, here?

Reaction Score
In terms of Long over due--Wow is that an understatement!! I agree Christine Dailey has earned it and to me it is her DUE--If you would put a full mailing address I'd be pleased to send my confirmation of your letter to them. Or is there a way for all BY'ers to simply attach our confirmation to your letter, here?
Not sure, but I went on their webite and under the 'contact' info, Mr. Sullivan seemed the likely person to start with. Prior to sending,I did the copy/paste so I could drop the letter into the tread here. No reasn it would not work in reverse. 30+ years is a good sample.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
While Chris Dailey's contributions to UConn Basketball are undeniable, Asst Coach's, Co-Head Coach's, Associate Head Coach's generally don't get HOF recognition. Leon Barmore is in because of what he did at LA Tech after Sonja Hogg left, even though everyone acknowledges he was really coaching the team, even when she was there. He became the HC in 1985 and that's where his legacy begins, fairly or unfairly. Its the same with CD, this is Geno's Program and he will get the accolades. CD probably doesn't care and even with her impeccable credentials she probably won't get the nod. Its my sincerest hope that I'm wrong about this, but history and established practice aren't on her side.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When they eventually retire...way done the road... I hope that Uconn recognizes both of them. I wouldn't mind seeing a statue of both them on campus. Yeah Geno it the head coach but he also is the first to admit that without Chris the extraordinary success at UConn doesn't happen.

Maybe like this:
espnw_a_husk_cr_600x400.jpg

or like this:
uspw_5728240.0_standard_730.0.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
CD is associated with over 900 wins and personally coached a few of them. She also has been a scout for USA Basketball for the past 5+ years. She sets as high a standard and is as good a teacher as anyone. I vote, YEA, enthusiastically.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Sadly for UConn fans, I fear iamcbs is correct; non head-coaches are simply not going to get recognition in Halls of Fame unless they have brought something "unique" to the game. While I think the argument could be made that Chris is "unique" I'm not sure she has been an innovator in the way a non UConn fan would most likely judge hall admission.

I don't think it would be undeserved if she got in, but I don't think it will happen.

Reaction Score
While Chris Dailey's contributions to UConn Basketball are undeniable, Asst Coach's, Co-Head Coach's, Associate Head Coach's generally don't get HOF recognition. Leon Barmore is in because of what he did at LA Tech after Sonja Hogg left, even though everyone acknowledges he was really coaching the team, even when she was there. He became the HC in 1985 and that's where his legacy begins, fairly or unfairly. Its the same with CD, this is Geno's Program and he will get the accolades. CD probably doesn't care and even with her impeccable credentials she probably won't get the nod. Its my sincerest hope that I'm wrong about this, but history and established practice aren't on her side.
Holly Warlick is a member of the 2001 class, was she inducted as a player?

Reaction Score
Geno' first decision was to take the job. His second was that he had to have CD in on day 1. I think it was his first great move (hindsight being what it is).

HGN

Reaction Score
I agree with KnightBridge..............Assistant Coach probably will not be 'Highly' considered. HOWEVER , how many assistant coaches ( Men or Women BB) can say they have been the Asst. HC on TEN (10) National Championships ; have produced numerous NPOY ; produced numerous 1st team AA's , and Olympic Team players ; coaching at the same program for 30+ yrs. And coached and scouted for USA Basketball which resulted in Medal wins for the USA ?

I would say that is quite a resume for an Assistant Head Coach. Unique and Unusual. And if there is an Exception to be made for the inclusion of an Assistant into the HOF.....THIS IS IT.

JMHO

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
CD should make it on recruiting alone--the #4 recruiter in the world, according to an article a few years ago.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Holly Warlick is a member of the 2001 class, was she inducted as a player?
Yes. Before my time of following WBB, so I can't personally vouch for it, but has always been cited as an outstanding player, I believe a point guard.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
When they eventually retire...way done the road...
infinity_road_by_taereyn-d5goeju.jpg

Reaction Score
I agree with KnightBridge....Assistant Coach probably will not be 'Highly' considered. HOWEVER , how many assistant coaches ( Men or Women BB) can say they have been the Asst. HC on TEN (10) National Championships ; have produced numerous NPOY ; produced numerous 1st team AA's , and Olympic Team players ; coaching at the same program for 30+ yrs. And coached and scouted for USA Basketball which resulted in Medal wins for the USA ?

I would say that is quite a resume for an Assistant Head Coach. Unique and Unusual. And if there is an Exception to be made for the inclusion of an Assistant into the HOF.....THIS IS IT.

JMHO

Just a small note about this - Chris is Not "Assistant Head Coach". She is "Associate Head Coach". I think that might be the distinction that makes entry into the hall more likely.

HGN

Reaction Score
Just a small note about this - Chris is Not "Assistant Head Coach". She is "Associate Head Coach". I think that might be the distinction that makes entry into the hall more likely.
Ok.......You are correct.

Reaction Score
Not only does Chris deserve to be in the WBBHOF I am certain that she deserves to be in the "Basketball Hall of Fame" right there along side Geno just like she has been for all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom