Chong named NHSCA POY | The Boneyard

Chong named NHSCA POY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to Saniya! Another Husky with a HS NPOY award. Nice!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Congrats to Sainya!!

Can't wait to see her in a UCONN uniform.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Is that the 2nd National Player of the Year award for a player not ranked in any of the top 10 lists of any service? Never seen such conflicting messages before with one of our incoming players in regards to awards vs rankings.

Got to be a first for a non McDonald's AA. We'll see who's proven wrong.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Is that the 2nd National Player of the Year award for a player not ranked in any of the top 10 lists of any service? Never seen such conflicting messages before with one of our incoming players in regards to awards vs rankings.
Last I checked, her highest ranking was from ASGR, at 20. Hoopgurlz has her at 75! :confused:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Exposure politics pure and simple.

HGN

Reaction Score
OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!! Congratulations Saniya. I don't know who votes for the McDonalds All American game participants , but how could they leave off the Parade Magazine POY and The NHSCA POY ?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!! Congratulations Saniya. I don't know who votes for the McDonalds All American game participants , but how could they leave off the Parade Magazine POY and The NHSCA POY ?

Quite so...it's as if some clown was in charge of the evaluation for Saniya...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That's a great question. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she does this year. there is plenty of PT to be earned. At first I thought she might have a year similar to Banks' freshman year - struggling a bit with the speed, strength, and stamina required at the college level. But upon further reflection, I'm not convinced she ISN'T one of the top 5-10 players in her entire class. Maybe a freshman year more like Hartley. If she turns out to be anywhere near as good as Bria is, we REALLY landed a diamond in the rough...

Reaction Score
I read on the Blue Star site that they have 3 seats on the McD AA selection committee. I would infer that other rating services also sit on that committee. Those services have little interest in rating players who don't attend a power school, play on a national AAU team or attend the various "camps" & showcases they sponsor. This is a business for them.
On the other hand I wonder if she would have gotten the awards if she had signed with Marist.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I messed up. It was a regional award from LoHud.com

Lower Hudson valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member