Chong has 102 3 pointers. Yikes! | The Boneyard

Chong has 102 3 pointers. Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
So, next year, UConn will have 2 players who made 100+ 3 pointers this year.
And Saniya has played in many fewer games than KML, and high school games are only 32 minutes long.

I can live with that.

Does anyone know how many attempts Sania has had? And how many minutes she has played?

Reaction Score
So, next year, UConn will have 2 players who made 100+ 3 pointers this year.
And Saniya has played in many fewer games than KML, and high school games are only 32 minutes long.

I can live with that.

Does anyone know how many attempts Sania has had? And how many minutes she has played?

Olde Coach, click this LINK for Saniya's stats for this year..........no three point attempts total though.

Saniya sure has some goooooood stats!!!

Reaction Score
I, for one, will be ecstatic about Saniya joining the team next season. She will be turning many an opposing head coach into a gray-headed head coach.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Whether it's the distance, the stage, or the defense, freshmen sharpshooters always see a dip in percentages from high school. However, this current Uconn team would kill for a second reliable three-point shooter. If Chong can be that next year, even in limited minutes, I think Uconn wins the nc going away.

Reaction Score
Whether it's the distance, the stage, or the defense, freshmen sharpshooters always see a dip in percentages from high school. However, this current Uconn team would kill for a second reliable three-point shooter. If Chong can be that next year, even in limited minutes, I think Uconn wins the nc going away.

I distinctly remember you specifically saying repeatedly last off season that this year would be Baylor and UConn and everyone else. Well you were clearly wrong in that assessment. You didn't for see the type of improvement Kayla McBride and Natalie Achonwa would bring to their games or the type of impact level someone like Jewell Loyd would make and on the other side that some UConn players would not have seasons living up to expectations.

I made that same mistake in 2001 when a Notre Dame team the 2000 UConn team easily handled in 1 off season somehow became better than a UConn team who had more talent than it's previous team that easily defeated that same ND team.

You cannot predict how seasons will play out. UConn will have a very short roster next year and just 1 injury could change everything. Teams like Stanford and Duke will be returning all their key players. I think this thought that we win it going away next year is more of spin to soften the blow if we come up short to Baylor or ND this season. If that makes you feel comfortable than more power to you. I think we need to not concede anything this season because I don't think next year is anywhere near as close as a sure thing as you do.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I distinctly remember you specifically saying repeatedly last off season that this year would be Baylor and UConn and everyone else. Well you were clearly wrong in that assessment. You didn't for see the type of improvement Kayla McBride and Natalie Achonwa would bring to their games or the type of impact level someone like Jewell Loyd would make and on the other side that some UConn players would not have seasons living up to expectations.

I made that same mistake in 2001 when a Notre Dame team the 2000 UConn team easily handled in 1 off season somehow became better than a UConn team who had more talent than it's previous team that easily defeated that same ND team.

You cannot predict how seasons will play out. UConn will have a very short roster next year and just 1 injury could change everything. Teams like Stanford and Duke will be returning all their key players. I think this thought that we win it going away next year is more of spin to soften the blow if we come up short to Baylor or ND this season. If that makes you feel comfortable than more power to you. I think we need to not concede anything this season because I don't think next year is anywhere near as close as a sure thing as you do.
Notre dame is every bit as pedestrian as I thought they'd be. We are worse, mainly because Bria hasn't played to her previous level, and we haven't gotten anywhere near as much from the freshmen as I'd hoped.

Thanks for reading my posts.

Reaction Score

Saniya might very well see a dip in her shooting percentage, during her freshman year at UConn, but I don’t believe it will be because of the distance….she’s good to go out past the NBA 3pt line. I don’t think it will be the stage either….she seems to thrive when games are bigger and more important….she draws energy from her teammates and the crowd. As long as Saniya can maintain a positive confidence level and know that her teammates have trust in her, the size of the stage won’t bother her IHMO.

Now the defense she’ll experience, might be a different story, especially in the first few months. The physicality may disrupt her for a while, just like it did Breanna, Morgan & Moriah, something they all seem to be working through now. The strength and speed of Div 1 defenders, is something Saniya will have to adjust to……..she’s got the tools , skills and ability to do it, and with the coaches continued confidence and her work ethic I believe she’ll be fine…..just as I believe Breanna, Moriah and Morgan will be fine (and that all three are starting to show us now).

Reaction Score

Something I forgot to mention…..Saniya has one skill most sharpshooters don’t possess. If Saniya is cold from the outside (or not), she can take her defender to the hoop with great speed and quickness and finish with either hand. Not many sharpshooters can do that.............and then there is aways the teardrop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom