Chole Bibby out for the year with knee injury | The Boneyard

Chole Bibby out for the year with knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Robbie Faulk reports Bibby out for the year with knee injury. Believe Robbie is with 247 sports reporting.

Reaction Score
Huge bummer for her & MSU teammates, coaches, fans. I gained even more respect for Vic during the halftime interview. He really loves his girls. Vic seems to be one of those coaches who view his players, staff, fans as family members. Love that about him.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
That is sad. Coach Schaefer reaction at the half pretty much said she was going to be out for the year. His tears brought tears to my eyes.
That is tough. Unfortunately, injuries are part of the game and you hate to see any player suffer one.
Tough break for State, we will have to have some girls off the bench play like they did last night consistently the rest of the year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That is sad. Coach Schaefer reaction at half pretty much said she was going to be out for the year. His tears brought tears to my eyes.
That is tough. Unfortunately, injuries are part of the game and you hate to any player suffer one.
Tough break for State, we will have to have some girls off the bench strip like they did last night consistently the rest of the year.
Heard Bibby was really tight with AEH, hopefully Andi can continue to improve and help ease the loss. Think we will see lots more of Bre Scott and Jessica Carter. Last night when Anreil got in foul trouble Vic played Jessica and Tee together, if that combo works will will have great size!

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I already commented on this total bummer. But, Bre'Amber Scott is pretty dope. Even Dawn mentioned how she gashed into the paint tonight, and created some quality shots for herself.

Reaction Score
Robbie Faulk reports Bibby out for the year with knee injury. Believe Robbie is with 247 sports reporting.

sorry to hear this sad news..............I'm sure she'll come back strong................these ACL injuries are getting almost as common as floor burns these days............

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
While she didn't play that much in the ND-MSU title game last year, I liked watching her "casually intense" viewing of the proceedings. Into it, but enjoying the game.

I thought she brought a calming presence to the proceedings for Coach Vic. In that sense, she reminded me a bit of ND's Kat Westbeld in her value to the team.

Hope she recuperates well and the team's reserves can answer the "next woman up" call.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Vic Schaefer is my kind of American. Sad to hear this young lady joins the never ending litany of injuries in WCBB. Nevertheless, it afforded this typical, gentle, gracious southern gentleman to once again show who he is as a man.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I’m really sotty to hear this. When she went down I was thinking, with her MSU has a good shot at another Final Four, without her, I don’t se that happening. It will be an incredible feat of coaching if Vic gets to the FF this year.

As JMSDAWG, I thought they looked really good with Carter and McCowan in the game at the same time. But they need someone hitting threes consistently.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I was moved by the immediate concern and reaction of Coach Staley after the injury. This is a good rivalry with both schools competing hard, but also showing great sportsmanship. A testament to the two high quality individuals coaching them.

Reaction Score
While she didn't play that much in the ND-MSU title game last year, I liked watching her "casually intense" viewing of the proceedings. Into it, but enjoying the game.

I thought she brought a calming presence to the proceedings for Coach Vic. In that sense, she reminded me a bit of ND's Kat Westbeld in her value to the team.

Hope she recuperates well and the team's reserves can answer the "next woman up" call.

Her body just wasn't ready to play big minutes last year nor had she learned to dial it up from deep.

What endured most state to her was the transformation her body took in the offseason, she slimmed down a lot, which helped with her quickness and abled her to play 32-38 mins a night. She really worked so hard in the offseason knowing she had to step it up after losing 4 seniors last season. On a state msg board we've talked that we probably haven't seen a guy or lady make the transition from their Freshman to Sophomore season.

While the bad news is that her loss will likely cost us a round or 2. Might not but likely. But the silver lining is that in 19-20 when Tierra is getting paid a healthy Bibby plus the girls that will hafta step up this year will be that much better. They're valuable PT this year could ironically propel us a round or 2 farther next year.

Next woman up!

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score

Chick-fil-a sauce to my fries tops it off.
star-off.png

I never came up with anything funnier than that during my teens/early 00s in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom