Chol Marial (C) | The Boneyard

Chol Marial (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We've had multiple threads on him before: clicky.

7-foot-3, 220 lb center (7-foot-11 wingspan) from South Sudan, top 10 player in 2019 – a true 5-star. He transferred out of Cheshire Academy this year and is now playing for some basketball factory out in Phoenix. Strikes me as the type of guy who will go straight to the pros, a la Thon Maker, or do a one-and-done at one of the usual suspects.

Only reason I bring him up now is because I just noticed we got a crystal ball pick for him last week from Dain Ervin, who's not a nobody.

Probably means nothing, and we definitely have other more realistic big-man targets for next year's class. But worth putting back on the radar for a minute here, at least.

Reaction Score
Not that it really matters because 247 is correct on uconn commits roughly 1% of the time... but 247 says he’s in our favor.

What are the chances KO Chill and the boys land him?

Reaction Score
Not that it really matters because 247 is correct on uconn commits roughly 1% of the time... but 247 says he’s in our favor.

What are the chances KO Chill and the boys land him?
I think you answered your own question: approximately 1%.

;)

pj

Reaction Score
Well, a big shotblocker and a top guard will be the only missing pieces to a 2019-20 championship. He would be the missing piece. And the style of play is getting interesting. And he's already experienced Connecticut and may like it. I think if he goes to college, we're a realistic destination.

Reaction Score
Well, a big shotblocker and a top guard will be the only missing pieces to a 2019-20 championship. He would be the missing piece. And the style of play is getting interesting. And he's already experienced Connecticut and may like it. I think if he goes to college, we're a realistic destination.

Dude. Please.

We do not have one player at the moment who will be here in 2 years who has demonstrated that they are good enough to be an impact player on a national championship team. Not one.

I am hopeful that things are heading in a better direction, but we are a long, long way from being judged by Jim Calhoun era standards.

Reaction Score
There hasn’t been a word relating UConn and Marial since first night last year. That crystal ball pick is a total shot in the dark.

I’m firmly expecting our C commit to be Coleman for 2019.

pj

Reaction Score
Dude. Please.

We do not have one player at the moment who will be here in 2 years who has demonstrated that they are good enough to be an impact player on a national championship team. Not one.

Kentucky can say the same thing every year, Duke most years. In 2009 and 2012, we could have said the same.

Please tell me: Is there any player in college basketball who (a) will be playing college ball in 2 years and (b) has demonstrated that he is good enough to be an impact player on a national championship team? I don't think there is!

Reaction Score
Kentucky can say the same thing every year, Duke most years. In 2009 and 2012, we could have said the same.

Please tell me: Is there any player in college basketball who (a) will be playing college ball in 2 years and (b) has demonstrated that he is good enough to be an impact player on a national championship team? I don't think there is!

Kentucky is irrelevant. Different model. We have 7 spots for the 19-20 season already filled. Who have proven they can be a starter on a great team? When we won our first championship, Rip had proven it. When we won our second, Mek and Gordon had. When we won our third, Kemba had. etc.

Reaction Score
There is only one scholarship for a big man. Chol Mariol or Charles Coleman better grab it fast.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is irrelevant. Different model. We have 7 spots for the 19-20 season already filled. Who have proven they can be a starter on a great team? When we won our first championship, Rip had proven it. When we won our second, Mek and Gordon had. When we won our third, Kemba had. etc.

So maybe Gilbert, Vital and even a Polley will prove it this year. Those three have certainly flashed some talent and toughness in a very short period of time but no one is saying they've arrived by any means. Stop being so negative there's a lot to look forward to this year and beyond.

Reaction Score
Well this years recruiting is wrapped up which is at least 6 months earlier than previous years. Maybe KO and Chill are reeling in a massive tuna in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom