Chirping | The Boneyard

Chirping

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I love the trash talking. I love how Martin and Jackson don’t back down. I love how everyone is scared of Sanogo and even he has gotten in people’s faces when defending his teammates.

They don’t go out of their way to initiate it but they don’t take it.

Sometimes I think the technicals are foolish and Ill-timed.

We finally have players who aren’t soft and don’t backdown. They set the tone. It doesn’t happen every game but I can’t think of a team since 2014 that had a everyone buy into this toughness.

It’s a mindset that is very beneficial to helping grow as a player. You play better and start to have more confidence. Hawkins is a great example of this.

It’s time for teams to be scared about playing us. We’re a big, physical team on a mission. Let’s keep playing like it

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This is definitely an old school tough tough team.

Also, the reason Hurley was pumping the crowd up yesterday was to get them to cheer for Sanogo after he came over to settle him down. Nothing to do with the refs

Reaction Score
I think this could be why guys like akok, springs, Sampson, and even Hawkins have had limited to no minutes. Haven't been able to show the toughness hurley is looking for.

Reaction Score
I love the trash talking. I love how Martin and Jackson don’t back down. I love how everyone is scared of Sanogo and even he has gotten in people’s faces when defending his teammates.

They don’t go out of their way to initiate it but they don’t take it.

Sometimes I think the technicals are foolish and Ill-timed.

We finally have players who aren’t soft and don’t backdown. They set the tone. It doesn’t happen every game but I can’t think of a team since 2014 that had a everyone buy into this toughness.

It’s a mindset that is very beneficial to helping grow as a player. You play better and start to have more confidence. Hawkins is a great example of this.

It’s time for teams to be scared about playing us. We’re a big, physical team on a mission. Let’s keep playing like it
Great post because UCONN is on a mission, several missions. Current and former conference mates (NBE, BE, AAC) all dislike UCONN. I don't mind the technicals so much because the big picture is, UCONN is climbing back all around and sometimes you need to force things and press forward more aggressively. Players having each others' backs is crucial no matter their roles on the team. UCONN has size and athleticism and it was an advantage against Nova. It wasn't an accident that Gillespie made critical miscues.

Reaction Score
This is definitely an old school tough tough team.

Also, the reason Hurley was pumping the crowd up yesterday was to get them to cheer for Sanogo after he came over to settle him down. Nothing to do with the refs
He said in an interview he was trying to get the crowd loud to distract Gillespie as he shot free throws.

Reaction Score
He said in an interview he was trying to get the crowd loud to distract Gillespie as he shot free throws.
Was just going to post the same thing. Glad I read your post first. He said this in the post game press conference.

Reaction Score

The crowd would have done that anyway. In any event he is allowed to do that.

Reaction Score
The crowd would have done that anyway. In any event he is allowed to do that.
I wasn't commenting on the degree to which the technical was justified. I was simply trying to add accurate information to the conversation.

I am with you and almost every other human that the call was egregious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom