Chips on shoulders lead to championships | The Boneyard

Chips on shoulders lead to championships

Reaction Score
I wanted to propose a silver lining to this dark cloud that seems to have fallen upon Husky Nation. What I'm about to say may be a stretch, but then again, maybe not. JA will have a huge chip on his shoulder next year, as will the guys who got injured. Hell, the entire team will have something to prove. I honestly think this horrible season will be something they can look to next year and the year after for motivation. Our last two championships came from players having chips on shoulders. First, Kemba proving to all the world he was the best player in college at the time. Next, Shabazz and company playing to stick it to the NCAA. I think our next championship comes when this crew, and a few newcomers play the next year or two with a chip on their shoulder the size of New Haven.

Reaction Score
One problem, there isn't a single person on this team, HC on down, that appears to give a s*it. No chips for anyone.

Reaction Score
Should have gotten a chip from getting embarrassed by self and KU last season. Again, we have injuries so it is what it is, but we really started the season with no sign of a 'chip'.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I wanted to propose a silver lining to this dark cloud that seems to have fallen upon Husky Nation. What I'm about to say may be a stretch, but then again, maybe not. JA will have a huge chip on his shoulder next year, as will the guys who got injured. Hell, the entire team will have something to prove. I honestly think this horrible season will be something they can look to next year and the year after for motivation. Our last two championships came from players having chips on shoulders. First, Kemba proving to all the world he was the best player in college at the time. Next, Shabazz and company playing to stick it to the NCAA. I think our next championship comes when this crew, and a few newcomers play the next year or two with a chip on their shoulder the size of New Haven.

IN the tourney, the team with the best player on the floor is tough to beat especially if its a guard.

Next year, JA could be the best player on the floor every game.

Reaction Score
One problem, there isn't a single person on this team, HC on down, that appears to give a s*it. No chips for anyone.

That's ridiculous, look no further than Jalen laying into Rodney during the huddle against Memphis. People who don't give , don't get that heated. If you want to question the results on the floor...FINE. But if you're questioning the effort, heart, or resolve these guys are still showing on a daily basis, why are you even here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom