Chip Kelly to UCLA | The Boneyard

Chip Kelly to UCLA

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Chip Kelly manages to get a third awesome job all sprung from UNH and a nice few years at Oregon. Does his time in Philly matter, does SF matter? Nahhh. Of course Saban failed with the dolphins and i’m sure Chip’s agent has pointed that out a hundred times in the courtship.

Reaction Score
This makes a lot of sense the more I think about it. He hates recruiting and he hates boosters. UCLA boosters will be nothing to worry about and he can just recruit his backyard in California.

Reaction Score
He sticks to the Pac-12 and west coast. Wise decision for him to choose UCLA over Florida. Many will argue the other way I am sure. He had a ton of success at Oregon. It only makes sense for him to go back to the NCAA and the conference where he had majority of his success.

Reaction Score
He sticks to the Pac-12 and west coast. Wise decision for him to choose UCLA over Florida. Many will argue the other way I am sure. He had a ton of success at Oregon. It only makes sense for him to go back to the NCAA and the conference where he had majority of his success.
I think he would have better teams in Florida but his situation will be much better in UCLA

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I think he would have better teams in Florida but his situation will be much better in UCLA
Coaching in the SEC is an absolute career-killer. You can't have 8 elite coaches stick around for long because someone has to lose. The PAC12 gives him the opportunity to net a long-term gig at a storied institution with a great talent base. UF is similar except it's just tougher to win consistently.

Reaction Score
Coaching in the SEC is an absolute career-killer. You can't have 8 elite coaches stick around for long because someone has to lose. The PAC12 gives him the opportunity to net a long-term gig at a storied institution with a great talent base. UF is similar except it's just tougher to win consistently.
I agree, but I think my point still stands. The teams he'd have at UF would be better teams - but to your point he'd also be facing competition

Reaction Score
If he can make Oregon relevant, he would have done fine at Florida. Glad he went to UCLA. UCLA couldn't have made a better hire for themselves.

He should be able to contend for titles at UCLA.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He needs to hire a good defensive coach and I hear one named Diaco is available cheap ,

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Won’t be long before their in the playoff, Love the guy just not NFL coaching material

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom