Chip Kelly to 49ers... | The Boneyard

Chip Kelly to 49ers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
He's still a good coach. Horrible GM though.

Reaction Score
He wasn't terrible until he tried to take control of the roster. SF could do much worse, though their roster is also pretty depleted.

Reaction Score
He will be great for a year, then fizzle. His system isn't meant for the NFL. It requires too many stars to align perfectly in order to win over the long-haul.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I am surprised he didn't go back to college. It feels like he could have had a Saban like return somewhere.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I am surprised he didn't go back to college. It feels like he could have had a Saban like return somewhere.

All the "name" college jobs were filled.

The only thing that bruises coaches more than failure is to be out of coaching. They crave being wanted.

Reaction Score
I'm Sure He CONVINCED 49RS brass that he could resurrect Kaperniks career and win with him. I think in Kelly's offense Kapernik is salvageable. They may be a perfect fit those two.

Reaction Score
The 49ers finally got their coach. I hope this is the right move. His system is much better for the weather here vs. in Philly. Hopefully, it will work out here.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
He's still a good coach. Horrible GM though.

I am not sure...who are bad coaches in your eyes?

My concern with his teams is the TOP. Defense is on the field way too much.

Reaction Score

his offense is predicated on up-tempo, short time in between plays, etc. so TOP is probably not something to gauge him on.

Eagles D was also very poor this year.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
his offense is predicated on up-tempo, short time in between plays, etc. so TOP is probably not something to gauge him on.

Maybe the D is poor as they are on the field more than any other Defense in the league - 3 years in a row.
This is PRO ball - 46 active guys on a Sunday, not 80 like college. It might work, so far it hasn't.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-time-of-possession-statistics/2015/

The teams in the bottom 9 of possession have a couple things in common, one is losing records. The other is no playoffs, granted the years previous they had the worst TOP but made playoffs.

In 2014 the Eagles lost 3 of their last 4 games and made playoffs - I just don't see this as being successful. Maybe the D hit the wall - got worn down, maybe not. Time will tell his NFL Story.

I have been known to be wrong at times...

Last edited:

huskypantz

Reaction Score

Well, in college he was 46-7 with four BCS games, two wins. He was 26-21 in the NFL with a .553 winning percentage. 1 first place finish. Compare that to, for example - Tom Coughlin. .531 winning percentage in the NFL, 37-28-3 as a college coach.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Well, in college he was 46-7 with four BCS games, two wins. He was 26-21 in the NFL with a .553 winning percentage. 1 first place finish. Compare that to, for example - Tom Coughlin. .531 winning percentage in the NFL, 37-28-3 as a college coach.

He has proved to be a very good college coach.

NFL - TBD

Are you saying cough in is a bad nfl coach?

huskypantz

Reaction Score
He has proved to be a very good college coach.

NFL - TBD

Are you saying cough in is a bad nfl coach?
No, I am saying that Kelly's incomplete NFL resume is comparable to Coughlin, who overall was a good NFL coach. Kelly's college coaching resume blows Coughlin away.

Reaction Score

Eagles D really wasn't that bad. If you take a look at the 4 game splits you can really see how Chip's horrible offensive scheme in philly wore the D down. By the end of the year the d was shot due to the fact it was on the field more than any other defense in the league.

Chips offensive game planning was actually so bad it destroyed an OK defense.

Reaction Score
Eagles defensive line was above average and Fletcher Cox might have been the best dt in football last year. But once Jordan Hicks went down at linebacker, those linebackers were atrocious. Kiko Alonso was one of the worst linebackers I saw play this year. Scared of contact, not disciplined at all. And aside from Malcom Jenkins, that secondary was horrid.

Kelly's offensive game plan was fine. The execution was not so great. Passes dropped left and right (and we are talking short, easy passes), and that offensive line was by far the worst in the nfl. And it took him too long to sit Demarco Murray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom