Chip Kelly on the brink of Termination | The Boneyard

Chip Kelly on the brink of Termination

Should UConn/Edsall entertain Chip Kelly as OC?

• In your dreams.

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • We're way beneath his pay grade.

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • No. He's a hack anyway.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Edsall/UConn should at least gauge his interest.

Votes: 15 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
49ers are expected to fire him after one season.

What do you think are the chances that he not only returns to college, but as a coordinator? (wink, wink — nudge, nudge)

Reaction Score
The Oregon job is his for the taking. The Ducks want to return to their glory days as they had under his tutelage. STILL: those of us who have followed his career, remember him from his days as OC at New Hampshire when the Wildcats offense was among the cream of FCS. He Does have Northeast roots.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He'll make what his 49ers predecessor is currently making as HC at some P-5 school (likely Oregon). I doubt he would take a lesser position for about 14% of the pay.

Reaction Score
Dream Coach. New England guy. We have no shot. Maybe if we're P5, we'd have a shot. Worst fear, he takes a year off and winds up at BC.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Guessing he'll be an assistant on an NFL staff somewhere.

Reaction Score
I just cannot understand threads like this. Chip Kelly, who will have P5 HC offers thrown at him, might consider coming here as OC? Really?

It's no different than people buying a powerball ticket and talking about what they'll buy when they win. No one (reasonable) thinks he is coming here, but what if...

Reaction Score
Chip Kelly should take a year off and see what becomes available for 2018.

Niners will be on their 4th HC in 4 years. Almost impossible.

Reaction Score
Chip Kelly should take a year off and see what becomes available for 2018.

Niners will be on their 4th HC in 4 years. Almost impossible.

After 4 HCs in 4 yrs, it seems that the problem may be with the one doing the hiring instead. ;)

Reaction Score
First and foremost he needs to take some time off. He absolutely has to be burned out coaching the circus that was The 49ers this season. He then should look to get back to the college game. Much like Steve Spurrier with The Skins and Petrino with The Falcons, he tried his system and it didn't work out.

The reality is that he will have his pick of a number of choice HC Jobs once he puts out the signal that he is serious about coming back. He won't be an OC at Uconn or anywhere for that matter. I suspect he will end up somewhere that has a ton of resources, and better access to talent than he had at Oregon. I could easily see him pop up somewhere like Texas A & M, UCLA, or UF.

Reaction Score
I just cannot understand threads like this. Chip Kelly, who will have P5 HC offers thrown at him, might consider coming here as OC? Really?
Yeah Chip Kelly is going to go from NFL head coach to accept being Randy Edsall's assistant at UConn LMAO the idiotic crap people come up with here

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure what 49ers are doing. That roster is horrendous, yet you give Kelly one year? Weird. I really believe he could be successful as an NFL coach, actually he has been. Would love to see what he could do with LA Rams.

As for college, if he wants to come back, elite teams will be tripping over themselves to hire him. I'm sure Oregon is devastated the 49ers didn't fire him just a couple months earlier.

I think he takes year off then gets to pick college destination.

Reaction Score
Or he gets the Michigan job next week when Harbaugh leaves for the Denver Broncos.

Although, he better brush up on his Latin and fish cake terminology if he wants to impress the Michigan AD on the interview!;)

The Harbaugh to NFL rumors have no basis in reality right? Can't see why he would want to leave Michigan. He is an alum, gets paid a truckload, and he is reeling in awesome recruiting classes.

Reaction Score
49ers are expected to fire him after one season.

What do you think are the chances that he not only returns to college, but as a coordinator? (wink, wink — nudge, nudge)

The chances of Chip becoming a coach of UConn is about the same as me running for governor of Connecticut and getting elected in a landslide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom