Chip Brown Orangebloods: Louisville and WVU still top teams to replace Mizzou (not BYU) | The Boneyard

Chip Brown Orangebloods: Louisville and WVU still top teams to replace Mizzou (not BYU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1280401

"Since the Big 12 has talked about granting Tier 1 and 2 TV rights to the conference, BYU has felt better about possibly joining the Big 12, sources said. Although, it's unclear where BYU would be on the list of replacements for Missouri, the sources said.

One source said the top choices to replace Missouri would still be West Virginia or Louisville if the league was to remain at 10 members."

That would mean both Texas and Oklahoma want to go east.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Well if Chip Brown's popping off, then it's official: the Big XII is playing games with the Big East.

Neinas and the Big XII want to cause as much instability as possible for the Providence Crew so that the league doesn't reorganize - that way the Big East implodes on its own and they don't have to do the dirty work.

I expect those folks to make other ominous announcements before/during the hoops Media Days on Wednesday as well...

Reaction Score
http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1280401

"Since the Big 12 has talked about granting Tier 1 and 2 TV rights to the conference, BYU has felt better about possibly joining the Big 12, sources said. Although, it's unclear where BYU would be on the list of replacements for Missouri, the sources said.

One source said the top choices to replace Missouri would still be West Virginia or Louisville if the league was to remain at 10 members."

That would mean both Texas and Oklahoma want to go east.

Three separate sources. Well I was wrong. This does suck!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It just means the source went to three different outlets. The timing is very suspect. I'm just trying to figure out who has an interest in this. I guess someone in the B12 is unsure how Missouri will vote this weekend and wants to make sure the BE schools are still in play. I guess He/she figures that sabotaging the exit fee agreement would reduce the risk to that availability. That person is less confident than the rest of us the exit fee of 10 mil is no barrier.

Probably some rogue action and not B12 sanctioned. Or maybe it was DeFillipo posing as a B12 official.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
With Orangebloods, you need to take away the opposite of what they say. So if they are saying that the Big 12 wants Louisville and WVU and don't really want BYU....in reality, that means that the Big 12 really wants BYU and doesn't want to get stuck with Louisville and WVU. This is their way to pressure BYU.

Reaction Score
Correct. And if you are the B12, there's no way you want LVille over BYU to get to 10. BYU would be a huge grab for the B12. If the B12 can't come to an agreement with BYU, BYU should be at the top of the Big East's list with Boise.

Adding Boise and BYU would be FANTASTIC. But I'll be really surprised if BYU doesn't end up in the B12...

Reaction Score
While the Big12 presents better football it's just not a stable league either. Im not sure I see the benefit of going there other than a couple years of money. You have to think long term. WHich league is going to get raided next if the true goal is 16? The league with better football.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
While the Big12 presents better football it's just not a stable league either. Im not sure I see the benefit of going there other than a couple years of money. You have to think long term. WHich league is going to get raided next if the true goal is 16? The league with better football.
The stability of the B12 is based on the Henry Kissinger-level diplomacy that takes place between OU and UT. If those two figure out how to play nice, and they have for the next few years, the league will be stable. If they can't, it won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom