Chip Brown: Big 12 shaping up to be 11 member league | The Boneyard

Chip Brown: Big 12 shaping up to be 11 member league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://twitter.com/ChipBrownOB

ChipBrownOB
Orangebloods.com will have an update in the War Room tonight about how the Big 12 is shaping up to be an 11-team league.

First we had a leak from Oklahoma about both UofL and WVU going. Now Texas.

What do hoops school do? Blaudschun and McNamara say they go.

No Pitt, no Syracuse, no WVU, no Louisville.

Notre Dame finally loses its blanky.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think there is any way they stop at 11. This is just a break to run this up the flag pole with television.

Reaction Score
They are leaving a spot until Missouri makes a decision. Would they stay in the Big 12 if the Big 12 goes to 12 teams? This would allow them to wait for the Big 10 as I really don't think they want to go to the SEC. Or, they could be leaving a spot for ND. If ND joins for non-football sports, they can add BYU as a football only to have 12 teams for both sports. If ND doesn't go to Big 12, the Big 12 adds another team to go to 12.

If not Missouri or ND, they look elsewhere for 12. Either Cincinnati or USF as a dark horse candidate as it moves Big 12 into Florida.

Reaction Score
I can see Cincinnati (with an agreement to play most or all home games at Paul Brown Stadium) but not USF.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can see Cincinnati (with an agreement to play most or all home games at Paul Brown Stadium) but not USF.

The only reason some schools care about Paul Brown Stadium is that Oklahoma brings a big crowd with them that won't fit in Nippert. Most of the Big 12 is not like that, and Nippert is a much better stadium for TV games, which is where the money is. Baylor/Cincinnati would be in front of a 60% full Paul Brown even if both teams were ranked, but Nippert would rock on a Thursday night for a game like that.

Reaction Score
The only reason some schools care about Paul Brown Stadium is that Oklahoma brings a big crowd with them that won't fit in Nippert. Most of the Big 12 is not like that, and Nippert is a much better stadium for TV games, which is where the money is. Baylor/Cincinnati would be in front of a 60% full Paul Brown even if both teams were ranked, but Nippert would rock on a Thursday night for a game like that.
hence, "most OR all". Play OU, Texas, UL, WVU, and maybe a couple others at PBS.

Reaction Score
According to an article out of WV, RU could be the 12th team in the B12. WTF is going on? What's going to happen to us? Why don't B12 just take all the BE FB schools and kill the BE once and for all?

Reaction Score
According to an article out of WV, RU could be the 12th team in the B12. WTF is going on? What's going to happen to us? Why don't B12 just take all the BE FB schools and kill the BE once and for all?

That's actually decent news for us. Means ND and UConn will go to the ACC.

Reaction Score
That's actually decent news for us. Means ND and UConn will go to the ACC.

I would think that would be awful for UConn. ND is like a 10% chance to the ACC.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I would think that would be awful for UConn. ND is like a 10% chance to the ACC.

I think ND chances of going to the ACC is much higher. If the BE dies, which is likely, ND needs a high quality home for it Olympic sports which the BE won't be able to provide.

Reaction Score
I think ND chances of going to the ACC is much higher. If the BE dies, which is likely, ND needs a high quality home for it Olympic sports which the BE won't be able to provide.

I have Big10 at 40%, ACC at 10%, Big12 at 15%, moving Olympic sports to the new whatever that includes Cincy, USF, Air Force, Navy, etc., at 35%.

Reaction Score
Only WVU to the Big 12 means ND will remain in BE as the conference will still have UConn and Louisville for basketball as well as Georgetown, Nova, and St. John's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom