China vs USA 10 AM Today | The Boneyard

China vs USA 10 AM Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maya will provide a great scouting report :)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Thanks to USA Basketball Live Stats Link: http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/3886/12/71/50/81TKLrSvB1LII/

I used the internet to convert 1.99 CM to Feet/Inches and came up with 6'5". I noticed on a China Roster that they had 1.97 CM as 6'6". Either way 6'5" or 6'6" should cause any problems for Team USA.

I'm holding judgement until we see the results. We gave up 9 points and 9 rebounds to Cambage in the first quarter, and that was after she went 1-6 to start the game.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I happen to be in Beijing and my wife is looking for a streaming link
Surely on Chinese TV but we don't have a TV and are not near a Sports Bar.
C'est dommage.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'm holding judgement until we see the results. We gave up 9 points and 9 rebounds to Cambage in the first quarter, and that was after she went 1-6 to start the game.
That 1-6 was really more like 1-3 as she was just padding her offensive rebounding totals on the one make - it took 4 tries with three bounces off the backboard. I agree she was a force when she was in, but USA was also just playing really poorly for most of the first half - partly because of Dupree and DT being truly jet lagged.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I happen to be in Beijing and my wife is looking for a streaming link
Surely on Chinese TV but we don't have a TV and are not near a Sports Bar.
C'est dommage.
I doubt it is on TV even there - as far as I can see there is no broadcasting of these games at all even in France and I doubt China has sent a full production crew to France for these friendlies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think Maya's decision to play in China is a huge advantage for her (as it is for BG as well.) The Chinese league's significantly shorter season allows almost two months of rest for WNBA players and over time it should allow them to avoid some of the injuries that the 12 month Euro/WNBA players are prone to. I expect more stars to start looking in that direction - culture shock is probably greater as we remain a 'western' culture in the states, but that recovery period built into each year is a long term boon.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think Maya's decision to play in China is a huge advantage for her (as it is for BG as well.) The Chinese league's significantly shorter season allows almost two months of rest for WNBA players and over time it should allow them to avoid some of the injuries that the 12 month Euro/WNBA players are prone to. I expect more stars to start looking in that direction - culture shock is probably greater as we remain a 'western' culture in the states, but that recovery period built into each year is a long term boon.

The limiting factor in China is that each team can have only 1 foreign player. They pay well and can afford to take only the cream of the crop.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
That 1-6 was really more like 1-3 as she was just padding her offensive rebounding totals on the one make - it took 4 tries with three bounces off the backboard. I agree she was a force when she was in, but USA was also just playing really poorly for most of the first half - partly because of Dupree and DT being truly jet lagged.

I had wondered if that was the case with missed shots and rebounds. Once again, an example of stats being deceiving.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Same starting line up as yesterday, US up 9 - 2 6:22 into the game

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
China scores, then one and done on our end.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Moore steals the ball, is fouled for an an' 1

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Missed the shot, China having trouble taking care of the ball, have to assume that the USA defense has stepped up early in this game

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Uc seems correct, can't find a thing…no Stewie?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
China makes a bucket, a couple a missed shots by the US (offensive rebounding) Charles is fouled in the act of shooting and makes the an' 1
Dee is fouled in the act of shooting, makes both, Charles is again fouled for an an' 1 and makes the shot
Score is 18 - 8 USA

At this point it sounds as though Charles is doing well against the Chinese post players.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Whalen in, Bird out.

No, no Stewey....yet

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
DUpree makes a deuce, Moore blocks a shot on the other end and Charles makes a bucket on a Whalen assist.

This is going too fast for me to note the rebounding effort on both ends of the floor. It's pretty good at this point, allowing no second chance points for China, and multiple opportunities for USA

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Dee scores 2 and then steals the ball

Buncha subs:
Angel, Nneka, Stewey, Augustus with Dee

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
End of the quarter, 27 - 10 USA.

Again, making assumptions from dry information, USA really aggressive on the glass on both ends of the floor. China's height at this time appears to not be an issue. Their shots are not falling, either bad luck or the USA defense is too much for them. It's early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom