Chief's Briefs | The Boneyard

Chief's Briefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Who would have ever thought KO would finally find the lineup magic starting Nolan over Brimah? But it does make sense - teams used to game plan to get Brimah in foul trouble but when he doesn't start that's tough to do - and when he does get in there by then other stuff is going on.

15 fouls at center can be a factor in the tournament - so that's good to have.

83% from the line today is a good sign - if we ever got more calls our foul shooting would be huge. It's always important at tournament time.

It's always good to senior who dealt with various ups and downs close out the season playing his role well. Omar Calhoun deserves all good things that are now happening.

Bill Self must be thrilled with the Selection Committee guy from Oklahoma - potentially playing UConn in game #2 is not a reward for having the best seed!

I won't even attempt to understand Memphis's game plan. When UConn got in deep foul trouble they stopped trying to get fouled - maybe they are not good foul shooters or whatever but it was strange.

UConn actually ran some double screens today and guys cut hard - maybe Ray and Rip inspired that ? They used to be so good at it.

The Gibbs brings the ball up and then let's Adams run the half court works rather well - and again who would have thought of this mix and tweak would make such a difference? It gives Gibbs some spot up shots and he gets his dribble fix in the backcourt.

-

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I won't even attempt to understand Memphis's game plan. When UConn got in deep foul trouble they stopped trying to get fouled - maybe they are not good foul shooters or whatever but it was strange.
-
And that's why people all calling for Pastner's head.

Reaction Score
And that's why people all calling for Pastner's head.

Referees were horrible most of the game. They drilled UConn though the early part of the 2nd half, highlighted by 4 fouls in UConn's 3 big men and then it seemed to shift against Memphis. Maybe there were playing catch-up?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Referees were horrible most of the game. They drilled UConn though the early part of the 2nd half, highlighted by 4 fouls in UConn's 3 big men and then it seemed to shift against Memphis. Maybe there were playing catch-up?
I didn't think they were too horrible. I think each side had a horrible call to pick up a 4th on an important player, besides that I thought they were fine. Memphis flat out stopped playing aggressive ball when we were playing dudes with a lot of fouls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom