Chief's Briefs | The Boneyard

Chief's Briefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I won't try to cover everything since others do that quite well. My thoughts on some key points:
- Hamilton has not played well since Christmas break -Why? I initially thought it might be partly due to DHam not getting the intended break at Christmas despite the intent of the early game on 12/23. Due to issues with his flight he had a 5 hour delay along with Purvis, Nolan and Miller - who then had a shorter final flight leg after Baltimore. But now I think it's not having Brimah as a release in the lane when he can just throw it up to the sky when his move fails. I also think teams have scouted his spin move better now (i.e. Temple). I also notice two changes 1) he doesn't let the game come to him as he did 2) he looks to almost exclusively dribble up court vs using the pass - so if he is trying to be Magic he needs to watch the tape again - Magic kept his head up looking for guys filling the lane. Again, it would be interesting to have Ollie put Dham down on the block for a few plays given how closely refs call fouls against bigger guys.
-Purvis - Wow it's great to see hard work and passion for the game pay off. I still have a few issues with his game (foul shooting, how he drives, etc) but his decision making, defense and shooting show he listens and works.
I also think I underestimated him as our leader - he actually from what I hear is our leader. Does that mean he always takes the last shot - I hope not but he is in that group of 3.
- At least for one game Gibbs found his role - quite frankly I hope to see that continue.
- Coaching - first I noticed more verbal communication throughout the game between Ollie and Miller with Hobbs not so much. So maybe they took to the feedback a little about Ollie being aware of important stuff. I will say I have no idea why they did not put a tall guy on the inbounds player the last play. He had the space and view to make a perfect pass. I also agree with some of the other criticisms in prior threads but it was an uptrend from Temple.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
My first thought on DHam's recent drop off was Lack-o-Brimah. But last night, his first touch resulted in a strong attack with a great move to finish. And the ref called an offensive foul on him. It was the epitome of the imaginary foul. He changed direction and speed flawlessly to avoid contact as he went by the foul line. The ref was apparently anticipating contact and blew the whistle. Even Doris was like, "How is that an offensive foul?" The sequence seemed to take him mentally out of the game, and he didn't get back into attack mode until there was about 5 minutes left in the half.

Reaction Score
I was at the game last night. I give up on what is called and not called. Both ways the refs are so inconsistent. It's really frustrating. Lots of ticky tack fouls called and maulings ignored. And the blatant missed or wrong calls are head scratching.

C

Chief00

I agree calls are inconsistent but it's clear you need to take the ball to the basket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom