Chief's Brief's | The Boneyard

Chief's Brief's

C

Chief00

Despite the loss, going out to celebrate Senior Day in a few minutes, so I will be brief:
- I knew we were in trouble early in the game when Adams stepped out of bounds, which negated his 3. Purvis did leave a legacy after-all. What was interesting was the bench gave him no instant feedback on that - like it was acceptable. Then we wonder how Purvis did it for 3 years.
- Simple put - three things cost us the game:
1) Terrible shooting - probably in the low 30 percent range.
2) Cincy shot poorly for much of the game too - so we still could have won if they did not kill us on the boards. In another thread it was said our Bigs don't box out fundamentally - and that's true. Brimah four years in when he did try to get position used his hands not his body or feet. Very sad. He also was open about 5 feet from the hoop and had no post move in his muscle memory - so by default he just traveled. Coach Millers zones leave us in horrible rebound position - I think he even used a 4-1 leaving Brimah back to rebound himself. Needless to say it was a disasterous result.
3) The conversations we have about which defense we should play in a one sense are academic since guys are so confused they often start the set playing in different defenses. What's clear to me they would be better off focusing on just a couple defenses and executing them really well. The communication is really poor nor do they often seem to know what to do. I do think in their man today - they heard Chief - and switched less - so that is an improvement you can built on.

I hope it doesn't take Durham 4 years to finally show body improvement aka Facey. Let's see improvement next season!

I thought Vital was fine and it's clear he did not have a serious concussion. He did ask for a drink very early but other than that he was active. Jackson though I would be very concerned about - I don't see him playing in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Despite the loss, going out to celebrate Senior Day in a few minutes, so I will be brief:
- I knew we were in trouble early in the game when Adams stepped out of bounds, which negated his 3. Purvis did leave a legacy after-all. What was interesting was the bench gave him no instant feedback on that - like it was acceptable. Then we wonder how Purvis did it for 3 years.

Oh my god, the crap people are saying now. From huskymagic's we have finished 6th for 5 straight years, now to this. Did it occur to you that Brimah threw the ball way too high and he had to jump back to even come down with that ball?

3) The conversations we have about which defense we should play in a one sense are academic since guys are so confused they often start the set playing in different defenses. What's clear to me they would be better off focusing on just a couple defenses and executing them really well. The communication is really poor nor do they often seem to know what to do. I do think in their man today - they heard Chief - and switched less - so that is an improvement you can built on.

And yet, that high zone is what made Cincy struggle in the first half, not man-to-man.

C

Chief00

Oh my god, the crap people are saying now. From huskymagic's we have finished 6th for 5 straight years, now to this. Did it occur to you that Brimah threw the ball way too high and he had to jump back to even come down with that ball?

And yet, that high zone is what made Cincy struggle in the first half, not man-to-man.
I do agree with you on the Brimah pass - I viewed the out of bounds as 90% Brimah - I should have made that clear - the out of bounds thing was just a humorous throw away line. After-all we must lead the nation in stepping out of bounds and concussions diagnoses.

The high zone caused Cincy to kill us on the boards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom