Chief's Briefs | The Boneyard

Chief's Briefs

C

Chief00

Great road win. Adams and Purvis played great. Facey and Jackson good enough to win.

Brimah , as a senior captain, needs to be able to stitch together a game. His basketball IQ and lack of true work ethic ( studying video, correcting repeatable mistskes) is preventing him from doing that.

Overall, whenever we came back - we committed a dumb foul, silly unforced turnover or left a good 3 point shooter defended. But, then Adams and Purvis just carried us.

Doris Burke should stay with the woman's games - she is ok - but learn nothing from her.

Enoch continues to be a disappointment as Glen Miller track record continues. He doesn't cover his man and then pushes off on the other end.

Reaction Score
So what did you learn from her after you strip out the cliches?
Didn't say she had her best game, the whole ESPN production was very poor, don't blame Doris for that.

Like I said, not that means so much, but she's the best female announcer in the sport.

C

Chief00

Didn't say she had her best game, the whole ESPN production was very poor, don't blame Doris for that.

Like I said, not that means so much, but she's the best female announcer in the sport.
EBonz30!- Fair enough.
Oka4Prez and Stairmaster now - your turn - what did you learn from the great Doris?

C

Chief00

She would be better if she learned to stop talking for every single second of the game. She literally never stops talking.
I agree - quality over mindless dribble

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
How about we just say that Doris Burke is a good announcer in general and not qualify it with her gender? I'd much rather have her calling our game than someone like Tim Welsh.
That's the worst compliment of all time.

Reaction Score
She is, by far the best female announcer I ever heard.

Kara Lawson is considerably better. She's my favorite commentator, period.

Doris used to be a lot better. I'm not sure why she regressed, but it seems an ESPN thing. And it's not like Doris is any worse than a huge majority of the male commentators. (Including the one she was with.)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I would rather listen to Doris Burke over Dickie V, Fran F, Welsh, the RAT and a whole bunch of others
She knows basketball but isn't the best when doing play by play
It was tough for her and everyone today - ESPN treated it like a Selection Sunday show with a basketball game in the background

I learned as much from her today as I do by reading some people's game briefs (not saying who)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think that some are confusing Burke's quality commentary with the fact that ESPN, I'm sure, decided to have the commentators spend 45 minutes talking about the ACC.

Her basketball information is always solid and insightful. The ACC nonsense was painful, especially when considering that both fanbases during tonight's game want the ACC to go fark itself...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom