Chief's Briefs - CO | The Boneyard

Chief's Briefs - CO

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

In the tournament it's win and move on. As I had predicted, winning tournament games is what UConn does. So let's look at just a few things before moving on:
- Shooting over 95% from the line wins tournament games and shooting FTs like CO loses games.
- Again UConn did not handle pressure well - even though the turnovers were largely self inflicted. KO did finally make a good adjustment -Purvis inbound to Jalen who hits DHam in the middle who then hits Gibbs coming up the weakside sideline. This resulted in 6 Gibbs FTs. Linking this to the first point -Coach Calhoun often said who shoots foul shots is more important than what some coach thinks he's done to improve someone's FT shooting. True to form KO largely had Gibbs and Dham shooting foul shots when it counted.
- The best point in the chat was by Harry - UConn doesn't stall well - it almost always results in a turnover or a poor shot at the shot clock if it doesn't run out. I think KO just needs to bag the stall.
- Match-up zones - Glen Miller's zone worked poorly the first half - a little better the second half - but the dominate defenses were our man and 1-2-2 press.
- We need to rebound better and Facey needs to box out during foul shots.
- Purvis played very well - Shonn needs to stop reading Brimah's book on fouling - that's why Calhoun never liked these book smart guys - just kidding
- KO can't fall in love with his starting lineup against KO - will be tough to dig out of hole against them - so be ready to substitute early.
- My prediction is by Saturday morning
- Now will start celebrating the win and St Patrick's day!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
A bit loose and baggy, to be honest.

You need to tighten up your briefs before Saturday.

Reaction Score
KO loves switching defenses up that's HIS trademark. You saw once we starting going on run they switched it man to man or "5!" (Hand in the air), but the zone threw Colorado off in that they were duped into thinking it was an act of desperation and not a tactical move.

C

Chief00

KO loves switching defenses up that's HIS trademark. You saw once we starting going on run they switched it man to man or "5!" (Hand in the air), but the zone threw Colorado off in that they were duped into thinking it was an act of desperation and not a tactical move.
Whatever, we won. But, UConn's identity has always been 40 minutes of defensive pressure Hell! And that's when we made the comeback with the press.

Let's not let go Ivy Lesgue on that!

C

Chief00

Thank you for your interest in UCONN basketball, by the way.

Hint - Look for Jalen to have big game against Wayne Seldon. Wayne is a very good player as well.

C

Chief00

Ollie's halftime speech:
Blank_Blank_Blank_get the_ Blank_out of here
Beat out of them

caw

Reaction Score
I actually think Ollie plays the math of stall ball well when up.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
A lot of people too excited to see Chief drop his briefs when they are always full of .

Reaction Score
A bit loose and baggy, to be honest.

You need to tighten up your briefs before Saturday.

A little stuffing here and there to pump it up:

I thought Jalen's first appearance at NCAA tourney is solid. A few helter-skelter moments but key contributions when needed. A long-distance bomb, a crafty layup, a cross-court baseline bounce pass to Gibbs for a 3pointer, and lots of ball-handling in the crucial moments. Win or lose tomorrow, our future is bright.

OC played solid minutes and scored.

Despite Miller erratic play-time due to foul trouble (a pass since this is his 1st NCAAT game too and he's been our Mr. Consistent), we pulled this one off. I feel good and confident about Kansas game. By the way, last time i had the same feeling is after St. Joe's game in '11.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You're really stretching these briefs.

Sometimes I think Chief is half-cocked when he tries to fill his briefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom