Chief00--Our Prophet | The Boneyard

Chief00--Our Prophet

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The man wasn't wrong. It looks like someone coaching on Jan 2 may have the job. We thought there wasn't a snowball's chance in heck....revel in the glory, Chief!

Reaction Score
Please stop ... gosh ... you're turning into an Egyptian Sun God

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
January 2 was due to the buyout. They were never going to pay 1.7 to get rid of him a month early. That said, I suspect the Benedict has identified either an NFL guy or a coordinator coaching in a Jan 2 bowl.

Moorhead makes sense. Jim Schwartz intrigues me.

Reaction Score
For the amount of times people slam anyone who drops a morsel of "inside info" on this board, why is it so hard to give someone credit who had it right?

NO ONE saw this coming and Chief made it pretty clear something was coming and it wasn't an "I got a feeling" type comment. Why not give the guy credit where credit is due? If not, don't say anything at all.

Reaction Score
For the amount of times people slam anyone who drops a morsel of "inside info" on this board, why is it so hard to give someone credit who had it right?

NO ONE saw this coming and Chief made it pretty clear something was coming and it wasn't an "I got a feeling" type comment. Why not give the guy credit where credit is due? If not, don't say anything at all.
It's all fun and games till you lose an eye!

Reaction Score

I wouldn't say no one saw it coming. Not all of us were saying he'll definitely be around for next season, condemning the administration, etc. We obviously had to wait and see.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say no one saw it coming. Not all of us were saying he'll definitely be around for next season, condemning the administration, etc. We obviously had to wait and see.

Please show me the posts of people who saw this coming. Serious request. They need to get kudos too. I don't mean "I hope DB is waiting for the buyout price to go down" type posts either.

Reaction Score
Please show me the posts of people who saw this coming. Serious request. They need to get kudos too. I don't mean "I hope DB is waiting for the buyout price to go down" type posts either.
No one else said it concretely. I am aware of that.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
and his skivvies avatar TCB last night too. Good 2 days of Christmas for Chiefy.

Reaction Score
Chief owns so much real estate in heads of people on this board and I love it! Plus he was right.. Thank god

Reaction Score

You don't read what I say anymore? I said that the delay in "backing" HCBD had to mean that we were trying to raise the money to fire him. More than once.

Reaction Score
I didn't see this coming. Because of the buyout, I settled in on a new offensive coordinator as the way out of our mess. I always said if not for the buyout he'd be gone. I for sure underestimated the resovlve as well as the existence of a possible generous benefactor. To UCONN'S credit, the decision to fire Diaco made a loud statement to college football fans that losing football is unacceptable at UCONN.

In any event, I am excited to see who Benedict chooses. He has an excellent executive team in Beth Goetz and Vic Cegles. Right now my choice would be Joe Moorhead. We have to win, score points, build a staff and be able to recruit. Moorhead can do it all. I just don't want another Defensive Coordinator head football coach at UCONN.

I always appreciated the foundation that Diaco was building but too many things went wrong last year highlighted by the agonizing Navy defeat for him to stay. The last four games were very difficult to sit through. Time to move on!

Reaction Score
You don't read what I say anymore? I said that the delay in "backing" HCBD had to mean that we were trying to raise the money to fire him. More than once.

I will give you and many others credit who said that, but you did not know for sure. That is what you were thinking was going to happen, which everyone was hoping for.

Chief had a source, I believe, so that differentiates him from others.

Look, I'm not the biggest fan of Chief but, it is what it is. Why is it, on this board, there is always a negative response to something positive? He called it, with a claimed source. No one else did, to my knowledge.

Reaction Score
I will give you and many others credit who said that, but you did not know for sure. That is what you were thinking was going to happen, which everyone was hoping for.

Chief had a source, I believe, so that differentiates him from others.

Look, I'm not the biggest fan of Chief but, it is what it is. Why is it, on this board, there is always a negative response to something positive? He called it, with a claimed source. No one else did, to my knowledge.
Wasn't he hanging out with Andre Drummond while Drummond was on TV on the other side of the country, something like that? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom