Chief’s Pregame Briefs - Miami Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Pregame Briefs - Miami Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

The starting guards need to shoot over 16% FG and shoot less than 25 shots (unless you start James).

It’s amazing last night’s was that close. We need better recognition of who should take what shots where. The game if played the right way isn’t complicated.

Dan needs a quick hook on hero ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
The starting guards need to shoot over 16% FG and shoot less than 25 shots (unless you start James).

It’s amazing last night’s was that close. We need better recognition of who should take what shots where. The game if played the right way isn’t complicated.

Dan needs a quick hook on hero ball.
he did sit down CV during ot's. I think dh is trying to send a message. not making excuses but it is often hard to teach an old dog new tricks

C

Chief00

Chief has been often asked by casual fans what needs to change in CV and AG’s mindset. When I answer I use a football term - ball protection. To start with they need to drastically reduce their volume of shots and move the ball more.

Effectively, their shot attempts have basically been turnovers. They have a 20-30% chance of success vs. the other team 70-80% getting possession of the ball. Even on AG shots that get blocked we seldom get the ball back since the ball gets blocked vertically down rather that side ways - so the guy blocking the shot often gets the ball.

Reaction Score
Gilbert can't hit the broad side of a barn... from inside the barn. But, the season is young and sooner or later he's got to snap out of it and start hitting shots.

Go Gilbert! Go UCONN!!

Reaction Score
AG is 1-3 from the field at the half, which actually raises his shooting %. Knew he'd turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom