Chief’s Briefs | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs

C

Chief00

You can always depend on Chief to attend the game.
- Whaley turn his activity from last game into production. I like the kid’s nose for the ball, his length and his desire to finish. Can he do it against bigger, stronger bodies?
- Something like 1-14 from the 3 line. Not good. This will kill us against even average D1 teams.
- Larrier put up good numbers tonight. Chill was talking up putting Larrier at the foul line, since he can be an effective 2 point shooter, can dribble and pass. I am a little skeptical that he is strong enough not to get stripped in that congested area against better teams.
- It was good to see Coach Calhoun at the game tonight in such good spirits. Getting a sense of a D3 team - I guess given the new context. I kidded that maybe St Joe’s will play an exhibition game against UConn.
- I continue to like Cobb - KO needs to give him more minutes to see where he stands condition wise.
- Diarra is another 6-7 guy who did a decent job around the basket.
- Having given these accolades - how many times did Merrimack simple drive down the middle and the Red Sea opened up?
- We have a lot of 6-6 to 6-8 guys but no 6-10 to 7 foot dudes. Guys are not afraid of a shot block.
- Williams played some good minutes his first stint. But, he was clearly frustrated when he got back in there the second half. It seemed like he wanted a highlight dunk and it did not come. Kwintin needs to focus on rebounds, filling the lanes and an occasional dunk in the flow of the game. In other words, focus on winning not the next utube video.
- Jalen’s contact lenses were bothering him and I think it impacted his performance.
- Vital needs to pull in this sniper stuff when he hits a 3 - he got beat down court as a result.

Last edited by a moderator:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
- Whaley turn his activity from last game into production. I like the kid’s nose for the ball, his length and his desire to finish. Can he do it against bigger, stronger bodies?
- Something like 1-14 from the 3 line. Not good. This will kill us against even average D1 teams.
- Larrier put up good numbers tonight. Chill was talking up putting Larrier at the foul line, since he can be an effective 2 point shooter, can dribble and pass. I am a little skeptical that he is strong enough not to get stripped in that congested area against better teams.
- Itvwas good to see Coach Calhoun at the game tonight in such good spirits. Getting a sense of a D3 team - I guess given the new context. I kidded that maybe St Joe’s will play an exhibition game against UConn.
- I continue to like Cobb - KO needs to give him more minutes to see where he stands condition wise.
- Diarra is another 6-7 guy who did a decent job around the basket.
- Having given these accolades - how many times did Merrimack simple drive down the middle and the Red Sea opened up?
- We have a lot of 6-6 to 6-8 guys but no 6-10 to 7 foot dudes. Guys are not afraid of a shot block.
- Williams played some good minutes his first stint. But, he was clearly frustrated when he got back in there the second half. It seemed like he wanted a highlight dunk and it did not come. Kwintin needs to focus on rebounds, filling the lanes and an occasional dunk in the flow of the game. In other words, focus on winning not the next utube video.
- Jalen’s contact lenses were bothering him and I think it impacted his performance.
- Vital needs to pull in this sniper stuff when he hits a 3 - he got beat down court as a result.
LOL.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did they put Calhoun in a home?

Honey, how was your grandfather? Well he didn’t recognize Timmy but the nurses said he has been in good spirits.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
You can always depend on Chief wearing Depends to the game. Chief, we know you don't want to miss a minute of the action but that is a bit extreme. At least we know what Chief's briefs are now.

C

Chief00

Did they put Calhoun in a home?

Honey, how was your grandfather? Well he didn’t recognize Timmy but the nurses said he has been in good spirits.

LOL - Benedict walked by Calhoun, who was sitting at the table, and slapped him on the back. Jim turned around ready to hit whoever it was but then waved - Dave kept on walking. Unlike Warde, Dave was sitting in stands with family. Warde sat at table with Jim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Every player showed growth and gained confidence, some more than others in this particular game. The team itself was better at times both offensively and defensively sharing the ball more and getting stops. It's a process. We are moving in the right direction, some patience required, but there are some promising signs. Look for the good.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
- Williams played some good minutes his first stint. But, he was clearly frustrated when he got back in there the second half. It seemed like he wanted a highlight dunk and it did not come.

He was open.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom