Chief’s Briefs - SMU Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - SMU Edition

C

Chief00

Going out to celebrate the win in Storrs - so Chief will be brief.
- A week ago some laughed at the advice Chief gave Vital and Adams about practice shooting at Gampel not Werth. Vital look really confident tonight.
- Chief liked Carlton and Whalley’s Rebounding.
- Better team ball without Larrier - saw a few assists and extra passes tonight.
- Ollie’s Shirt - Wow - Now he must wear next game.
- I thought the defense and rebounding was good in the second half.
- Polley will get more comfortable with increased playing time.
- Temple’s Next - Leaving Gampel

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
- A week ago some laugh at the advice Chief gave Vital and Adams about practice shooting at Gampel not Werth. Vital look really confident tonight.
- Better team ball without Larrier - saw a few assists and extra passes tonight.
"Better team ball without Larrier"
Fewer turnovers too.Carlton was huge and I continue to like Polly's shot.

Reaction Score
Chief’s briefs Imno1 edition
1 thankfully Adams and Vital listened to Chief
2 Don’t know what others think but our team is better when they make some shots ;)
C. Anderson in foul trouble was key. The lineup of JA, CV, JC, Tyler Phommachanh (or TL) and IW should see the majority of minutes. Enough of the 3 guard lineup
4. If Carlton becomes a more confident passer he can become a very good player. I love his effort.

Reaction Score
- A week ago some laughed at the advice Chief gave Vital and Adams about practice shooting at Gampel not Werth. Vital look really confident tonight.
I have been 100% behind the "shooting at Gampel" idea since we've had the Werth Center. Are you implying they have been spending more time there? If so, it's a great idea and results speak for themself

Reaction Score
Chief, I'm giving you a like because this is a decent post. But, my appreciation is really strongly based around the fact that you have continued to keep the Chief's Briefs avatar that Temery gave you. That is a lesson in character and perseverance for us all. And, I'm honestly not giving you a hard time here.

Reaction Score
I only saw the second half. Listened to Joe D for part of the first half driving home.

1. Polley still needs to play with more confidence..but as long as Adams and Vital aren’t turning the ball over, he’s a better option to be on the floor than Anderson. He has length and can make an open shot.

2. Did SMU really box and one Vital?? Who was the last player on uconn that got box and oned? Kemba? Or was it just a miscommunication with one guy still playing man when they were supposed to be zone? If they really did, Crazy Christian might get extremely overconfident next game. I’m thinking a heat check half court shot on the first possession.
3. Adams’ handle looked much more crisp today.
4. Carlton has great hands

C

Chief00

I have been 100% behind the "shooting at Gampel" idea since we've had the Werth Center. Are you implying they have been spending more time there? If so, it's a great idea and results speak for themself
Confirmed - Individual shooting.

C

Chief00

Chief, I'm giving you a like because this is a decent post. But, my appreciation is really strongly based around the fact that you have continued to keep the Chief's Briefs avatar that Temery gave you. That is a lesson in character and perseverance for us all. And, I'm honestly not giving you a hard time here.

Thanks and no worries, Chief will coach you up to better appreciate the Chief Briefs posts.

C

Chief00

Chief's out, beef's out. Careful ladies.
Got to celebrate the victories - especially this year! Jim believed in that as did Red Auerbach. That’s good enough for me.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

Third-person Chief...brings home the beef!!!

C

Chief00

Carlton was huge tonight.Took me awhile to get used to him. He is working well. Looks like he has the potential to be a monster under the boards.

Position rebounder with long arms which he keeps above his head. Fundamentally sound and well coached in HS. He only going to get much better if he hits the weight room and works on conditioning.

Reaction Score
I was thrilled when we got to see a two guard lineup. I hope we see more of it in the future.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
2. Did SMU really box and one Vital?? Who was the last player on uconn that got box and oned? Kemba? Or was it just a miscommunication with one guy still playing man when they were supposed to be zone? If they really did, Crazy Christian might get extremely overconfident next game. I’m thinking a heat check half court shot on the first possession.

It was only one possession, but funny.

Adams got the box and 1 against Memphis for what seemed like more than half the game.

C

Chief00

I only saw the second half. Listened to Joe D for part of the first half driving home.

1. Polley still needs to play with more confidence..but as long as Adams and Vital aren’t turning the ball over, he’s a better option to be on the floor than Anderson. He has length and can make an open shot.

3. Adams’ handle looked much more crisp today.
4. Carlton has great hands

Confirmed - some good points. They played better with 2 guards and a wing (Polley). When Vital gets hot in the flow of a game it takes our team up a level. The other thing was Polley plays better defense than Larrier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom