Chief’s Briefs - Cincy Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Cincy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Unfortunately, I had to pretend I was interested in something other than the game, such is life watching the game at home. So this will be short for lack of observed insights.

It was a game of runs. We fell behind and became a fouling machine especially with Jalen out with 4 fouls. We reverted back to trends that I have covered previously before the last game. Careless turnovers and silly fouls that put Cincy in the bonus when they had only 2 team fouls.

Carlton in the second half played aggressive on the boards and fought for rebounds. Vital, Gilbert and Adam’s played good at times and less well at others. Smith had a very poor game with careless fouls, missed shots and silly turnovers.

14 second half foul shots to 3 with 2 minutes left. Very difficult to win with that loopsided foul totals. This needs to be a focus going forward.

I thought Gilbert got fouled on that tying shot and the refs did not call it. These AAC refs stink. Aresco has done a poor job putting together good ref crews. Chief would like to know how many fouls shots we have shot vs our opponents in league play? I can tell you the numbers are ridiculous.

We played very hard but with Adams on the bench and Cincy sixth man wearing stripes it was too much to overcome. Gilbert did play great late.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Carlton in the second half played aggressive on the boards and fought for rebounds.
This is his second very good game in a row.

If this is the Carlton we get going forward, we're in better shape for the stretch run than most of us though a few weeks ago. Massive "if" tho.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize Jarron Cumberland was in Boogie Nights

gal-bn-louis-guzman-jpg.jpg

Reaction Score
Agree. Alrerique should've had the ball. Very weak call by the refs at the end, tough to make that call with 4 seconds left.
23 more free throw attempts can't happen. AG and Carlton did play well without adams.

Reaction Score
I have faith that Hurley is going to 100% return this team to glory. A lot of things didn't go right tonight for UConn and they still forced overtime and obviously is every bit as good as Cincinnati. That flagrant one was crap.

Reaction Score
Losers lose. Winners win. Both teams had multiple chances to be on either end of the score. Cinny had as many chances to lose as UConn.

Reaction Score
Tarin’s missed layup with a minute left cost us. But that’s not solely it, a million things also happened b4 that. Unlucky bounces on shots, I think 2 threes in OT we’re like halfway down or spun around the rim, also on other shots too.

Reaction Score
This may be the effort that turns the season around but I was saying to myself prior to the last free throw that I didn’t want Vitale to take the shot. Alas he got the rebound and we know what happens. There have been too many times in the last three years that Vitale has tried to do too much with the game on the line and it never ends well. I have zero problems with him taking a three off the kick out towards the end of the game but I just don’t want him to handle the ball or hoist a contested three in those circumstances.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I have faith that Hurley is going to 100% return this team to glory. A lot of things didn't go right tonight for UConn and they still forced overtime and obviously is every bit as good as Cincinnati. That flagrant one was crap.

I have no idea what those clown car idiots saw to call a flagrant one. It was a good hard foul where he also got the ball to prevent the shot getting off.

C

Chief00

Agree. Alrerique should've had the ball. Very weak call by the refs at the end, tough to make that call with 4 seconds left.
23 more free throw attempts can't happen. AG and Carlton did play well without adams.

Chief doesn’t usually make the refs the focus but it’s very hard to win when the AAC refs screw your team every game. Time for Benedict to make a phone call to the league Office. This is total BS.

Reaction Score
It was definitely a foul. And a really dumb one too.

The ref was 2 feet away, too. Frustrating seeing Cumberland do the same thing all night long but it is a foul.

CV stopped and looked back after he crossed half court. I assume he was looking for AG and AG wasn't open. I'd need to see the replay.

Reaction Score
Haven't had this much excitement in a long time. Finally playing with the fire we all want to see, keep building on this guys! Felt the need to yell at the TV for lopsided officiating, terrible. Cumberland pushes off seconds prior to JA getting his 5th, no call. Final play, defender is 3/4 of the way falling down and Vital gets slapped with a push. Minutes earlier, same situation when Cincy had the ball crossing half court, no call!

Reaction Score
The ref was 2 feet away, too. Frustrating seeing Cumberland do the same thing all night long but it is a foul.

CV stopped and looked back after he crossed half court. I assume he was looking for AG and AG wasn't open. I'd need to see the replay.
Cumberland knocked vital on his butt the possession they went up 5 in OT. It was ridiculous

Reaction Score
It was definitely a foul. And a really dumb one too.

I saw a flop on the slowmo replay. And you usallly let them play with <5sec left unless it’s a horribad foul. But we can agree to disagree.

Do agree that CV should have found a way to get to ball to AG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger